Tea Bag Wine - Starters help needed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr T

Reaction score
Is there an idiots or beginners guide to this? I have spent time looking through various variations and would like to have a go at this. However i have never made wine, just beers from kits.

If anyone has the time, or knows of a link i can follow that suits a beginner i would be most grateful!

Andy.

Oh dear me :oops: This was one of the first things I posted shortly after joining this forum, when I was just getting back into winemaking and was still trying to remember how to do things, and busy learning a lot more. I may have to edit it now.

Fruity ‘Tea Bags’

Read in conjunction with this Beginner's Guide

I find this quite pleasant though a bit too tea-y now and then, but it is still very young, and the house-sitters liked it enough to almost clear my stock:

10 Earl Grey teabags and about 1/2lb of chopped raisins into 1.7litres near-boiling water.
Added another 1.7 litres boiling water and stirred in 1kg sugar.
Left to cool.
At 24C, added 2tsp citric, 1tsp nutrient, and packet Young's general red wine yeast.
After initial vigourous ferment, topped up with sugar solution (about 175g in enough water to fill demi)

Moley, thanks for the links. I'm heading to the brew shop to pick up a few bits to start my first batch of Wurzel's orange wine. I am off Wednesday Thursday so ill get it going then, fingers crossed.

Oldbloke ill be trying this after a little practice :)

Thanks again guys.

I( must be tight with money but my tea wine is just made from the leavings in the bottom of the teapot - the ultimate in recycling

Cheers

:drink:

Hi,

I've don't a few different fruit tea wines. They are really nice. I used a full box of the raspberry, raspberry and logen berry tea bags which was very nice.

I have just bottle a variation with only 10 tea bags in (just let them brew abit longer) was just as good.

Have woundered about using white grape juice and trying to make a rose fruit tea style champagne.
Planning on using plastic bottles. Have wondered about using a soda stream to make things easier. Any suggestions would be appropriated.

Thanks
Paul

I made several batches of tea wine years ago. My p***pot mates used to love it. Came out tasting like sherry. Passed the recipe on to a few home brewers on another forum and they still mention it to this day!

Mine is taking an age to clear lol. I’ve just chucked in some Harris stuff because bentonite did nothing. Hopefully it’ll be good in a week.

Latest posts

Back