Tecco question.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you trying to do this to get your temp feed from the iSpindel? I've found the iSpindel woefully inaccurate for both temperature and gravity and simply use it for trend monitoring. Well I say inaccurate...as far as temperature is considered there is a big difference between my iSpindel temp reading vs the temp sensor of my Inkbird 208 wifi. Not sure which one is correct.

Are you trying to do this to get your temp feed from the iSpindel? I've found the iSpindel woefully inaccurate for both temperature and gravity and simply use it for trend monitoring. Well I say inaccurate...as far as temperature is considered there is a big difference between my iSpindel temp reading vs the temp sensor of my Inkbird 208 wifi. Not sure which one is correct.
My ispindel is 0.4 out with my dumb inkbird.
Just wondered if someone who is in the know could make the link like you mention so I could control from either spindel, or a smart inkbird.

Although I've ordered a rapt tempt controller in ali express sale so may end up with the kegland one if i find anyone throwing one out in frustration. Be good if I could link my ispindel to the rapt.

I would imagine if you're pretty clued up with something like a Raspberry Pi then you should be able to take a temp reading from an iSpindel and the Raspberry Pi can control cooling and heating via software like CraftbeerPi or similar.

I'd think that Kegland will have the RAPT software pretty bolted down so they tie you into their RAPT products, but iSpinel should be more open source.

Latest posts

Back