THBF Spring Thing! (13th to 15th May 2011)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has the forum brew been decided yet?

Will do that has my next brewing session I think so it has plenty of time to condition lol :party: see I'm always thinking :lol:

Sounds ace, but my birthday falls across this weekend and I don't think going off on a jolly on my own will go down very well! What a fab idea though! If the date happens to change then I will be there with bells on. If not, then maybe next year!

periolus said:
Sounds ace, but my birthday falls across this weekend and I don't think going off on a jolly on my own will go down very well!
:wha: I don't get it.
What better excuse do you need to choose how you spend your weekend?

Any update on what the forum brew will be please?
I want to get cracking on a couple of brews shortly, and would like to to if there are any recipe resrtictions for the classes I'm interested in entering.

markp said:
Any update on what the forum brew will be please?
I want to get cracking on a couple of brews shortly, and would like to to if there are any recipe resrtictions for the classes I'm interested in entering.

Yes - Only finally organised this week, i know this will probably get lost in this thread but we are planning to have all the information in 1 place very soon :cool:

Here it is though, nice and simple.

Brewery Beer Fixed Recipe:
This recipe has been drawn up by the head brewer at Church End Brewery and their version of it will be available at the brewery tap
over the weekend of the Spring Thing Event. Your beer should be brewed following the guidelines set out below:

•Grist: 96% Pale Malt, 4% Crystal Malt
•Single hop beer: Centenial to 35EBU
•Bittering hops are to go into the boil however the brewer chooses, targeting 35 EBU at the end of the boil. Aroma is also up to the brewer but of course it's all got to be Cenetial hops.
•Aiming for an ABV of 4.8%
Yeast - Brewer to chose.

EBU = European Bitterness Units
IBU = International Bitterness Units

For the accuracy levels we can achieve as craft brewers assume they are the same, however there is apparently a small difference but i'd say not enough for us to be concerned about.

Wez said:
EBU = European Bitterness Units
IBU = International Bitterness Units

For the accuracy levels we can achieve as craft brewers assume they are the same, however there is apparently a small difference but i'd say not enough for us to be concerned about.

Thanks Wez :thumb:

quick question

I see that it is £7 for the first beer entry to the comp which includes admission and brewery tour

I wont be entering the comp but will want to do the tour ect will it be the same price?

Should be able to clarify all prices tomorrow by the end of the weekend :thumb:

I'm in for the Spring Thing

Just wondering if I should pimp me ride ( T Reg Vauxhall Astra Estate) before the convoy from the South West sets sail. :lol:

Is there a prize for the best pimped motor.

:party: :party: I'm back in the game, Have found 2 beers in bottles that I can enter, also had to order some hops for a recipe thats next on the list so ordered some centinial as well so will be able to brew the fixed recipe and a pale as well, now I have talked my freinds into drinking it for me as I have now room @ the inn.
:cheers:

Thats great news :thumb:

I have been to the brewery this evening for a meeting, some small issues still to be ironed out but keep an eye on the web page over the next few days for more info appearing :thumb:

Some Pics of the venue.....will get outside pics in the daylight this weekend!

Brewery
IMG_4583.jpg
IMG_4582.jpg
IMG_4581.jpg

The Tap (Bar)
IMG_4584.jpg
IMG_4585.jpg
IMG_4586.jpg
IMG_4591.jpg

The Vestry (Function Room)
IMG_4587.jpg
IMG_4588.jpg
IMG_4589.jpg
IMG_4590.jpg

That looks ace! I'm now not able to attend due to my best mate moving the date of his daughter's christening! :evil: It was all going to be perfect! My brother Liam who made the stands for the new brewery lives 15 miles from Chruch End brewery, so we were all gonna come along for the weekend! :evil:

Hope everyone has a great time! Can I still enter the comp even though I won't be in attendance?

LB

Back