The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am season two of the sinner. Good show

I really like The Sinner and see that season 4 (apparently the final season) is now on Netflix. Critics seem to be saying it's the best one so far, so I'll definitely be watching it very soon - just as soon as I finish Ozark!

I'm half-way through Archive 81 on Netflix. Very interesting take on the 'found footage' story-line, enjoying it a lot so far.

German series Dark Woods on All4 is pretty good as well, but quite long episodes.

The Mentalist isn't bad. It combines two US shows, Monk and Psych, to create a character that has the observing power of Monk with the seemingly psychic ability of the main character in Psych.
Incidentally, Monk is an utterly fantastic show and Psych is really good, well-written.

The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+, but only if you're a fan of Star Wars and you've watched series 2 of The Mandalorian. Nice continuation from Return of the Jedi. No spoiler since the title gives away the fact that he survived.

Reservation Dogs on Disney.

A group of Native America kids acting the maggot, trying to get off the reservation through petty crime.
Great soundtrack and original setting.

It's probably been mentioned before as it's been around for ages, but for something a little closer to home (assuming you're in the UK) and very heartwarming, try Derek. We are currently half way through the 2nd series and it has us laughing one moment and crying the next. I was never a massive fan of The Office but I think that as I've got older, Ricky Gervais has really clicked all of a sudden. After Life is great but I'm finding Derek even better. If you give it a go, make sure you watch at least 3 or 4 episodes before judging.

Martin Clunes: Islands of the Pacific

Taped this, thinking it was the usual ITV half hour travel program (so 20 minutes), but it's an hour (40 minutes), watched the first one last night and really enjoyed it

Just started watching 'Reacher' on Prime. If you like the Tom Cruise films then this has the same action & humour. Only watched first 2 episodes last night..winner so far.

Also first 2 seasons of Jack Ryan I really enjoyed..again I really like all of the Jack Ryan films and books so it's an easy sell for me

Just started watching 'Reacher' on Prime. If you like the Tom Cruise films then this has the same action & humour. Only watched first 2 episodes last night..winner so far.

Also first 2 seasons of Jack Ryan I really enjoyed..again I really like all of the Jack Ryan films and books so it's an easy sell for me
You are a tom cruise fan boy

I don't think there has been many of his films that I haven't enjoyed.. looking forward to the new Top Gun film ...they way they have filmed it looks the nuts
My biggest problem is Jack reacher is a 6 and a half foot military policeman. I read most of the books, I was a bit disappointed when they cast Tom cruise.

Latest posts

Back