The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Donegal john

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello,
Did you happen to read the books?
I didn’t Dave. I normally read a lot but very few fantasy type books. More lee child, Ian rankin, dean koontz etc. But I have every Terry pratchet book and absolutely love them.

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
I didn’t Dave. I normally read a lot but very few fantasy type books. More lee child, Ian rankin, dean koontz etc. But I have every Terry pratchet book and absolutely love them.
Cool.
I like Dean Koontz a lot, especially the one with the genius dog, a Golden Retriever I believe.

Donegal john

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool.
I like Dean Koontz a lot, especially the one with the genius dog, a Golden Retriever I believe.
He has a couple of retrievers himself so he writes at least 1 into every book he writes. The books are fantastic. Odd Thomas series is fantastic with dead elvis as his personal ghost.

GhostShip

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the documentary ’Tell me who I am’ on Netflix. All I knew was that it was about identical twins, one of whom loses his memory in a biking accident and then relies on his brother to fill in the gaps in his memory. What I wasn’t ready for, was how dark it suddenly becomes - and I mean DARK. Very difficult watch at times but also very well done and sensitively handled. This is not ‘entertainment’, but I’d highly recommend it as a piece of documentary making. What some people have to endure in their lives is truly shocking.

Donegal john

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started watching American gods. Really good show Ian Mc Shane (lovejoy) is excellent in it.

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Watched the documentary ’Tell me who I am’ on Netflix. All I knew was that it was about identical twins, one of whom loses his memory in a biking accident and then relies on his brother to fill in the gaps in his memory. What I wasn’t ready for, was how dark it suddenly becomes - and I mean DARK. Very difficult watch at times but also very well done and sensitively handled. This is not ‘entertainment’, but I’d highly recommend it as a piece of documentary making. What some people have to endure in their lives is truly shocking.
Need to know what happens now

Jon1961

Reaction score
We're half way through Stay Close. Started well but I'm finding it hard to take it seriously. I've started developing time travel theories about some of the characters to try and make sense of it
I’m tempted by Stay Close, but James Nesbitt is in it! Is he as irritating as usual?

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Started watching the innocent on Netflix. Very good show, I just keep it in Spanish and read the subs. I just can't enjoy voice overs. I might give money heist a go again doing the same

GhostShip

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started watching the innocent on Netflix. Very good show, I just keep it in Spanish and read the subs. I just can't enjoy voice overs. I might give money heist a go again doing the same
I'm currently on season 2 of Money Heist. It's superb!

Donegal john

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you read the subtitles in a Spanish accent ?

Class68driver

Reaction score
Currently about half way through the documentary series "The Man who bought Cricket" on Sky documentaries. Its about Allen Stanford the guy who offered a $20 million dollar prize for a game of cricket. Quite interesting to see how he got to where he was and then it all falling apart.

Latest posts