This is turning into a habit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scalli

Reaction score
Number four on the go, so now I have orange, mango, blackcurrant tea bag and a Wilko's kit. I have two more DJ's left so one more next weekend and a spare DJ to rack into.

This is becoming a Saturday afternoon ritual

IMG_0971_zps826e115a.jpg

The mango was the first one I did, still going well with a bubble every five seconds. At this rate I am going to have to get more containers as if the first one goes on much longer I am going to run out :lol:

The need to ferment and brew is a "sickness", that most of the members have. :D

I'm afraid so. I promised that I wouldn't start one brew before finishing the previous batch but have just broken it...

Not wanting to break the habit, spotted cherry juice in Asda

IMG_0977_zps6bcd5733.jpg

Also notice Asda have moved the grape juice, thought they were out of stock and then found it with the cordials not with the chilled juice. Was starting to panic for a minute :lol:

Scalli,

Did you drill out the bottle top to fit a bung? Did you wad the hole, and if so, what with?

What are you using for tags?

(I have 4 x 4L plastic bottles; 25L of fruit juice; yeast; nutrient; pectolase and some bungs ... almost there!)

I just drilled the lid with a hole saw and shoved the bung in, seems to be working, and the tags were in a box of miscellaneous homebrew gear I got with the DJ's off Freecycle a few years ago.

CaptainMallard said:
What are you using for tags?

I cut a piece of A4 into 12, so I get rectangles about 5cm by 10cm.
Fold a corner down and make a cut at rightangles to the fold. Fold along that cut and make a ut at right anghles to that, then cuts between the 2 you already have. And you have a collar that'll fit on a bubbler or a bottle neck
Actually, any old bit of paper that comes in the post and is blank on one side, so FREE!

oldbloke said:
I cut a piece of A4 into 12, so I get rectangles about 5cm by 10cm.
Fold a corner down and make a cut at rightangles to the fold. Fold along that cut and make a ut at right anghles to that, then cuts between the 2 you already have. And you have a collar that'll fit on a bubbler or a bottle neck
Thanks OB! :thumb: I'd been planning sticky labels . . . which would require cleaning.

I number the DJ's and use a notebook to list what is in them and when they were started etc

I just use a marker and wipe it off when its racked/bottled, A CD pen works best

If I remember right a 28mm hole is perfect for a standard bung, I got an old wood drill from a car boot that does the job well.

Latest posts

Back