Too much head!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannyboy

Reaction score
Ok so have just done woodfordes nelsons revenge kit everything went great so batch primed into a pressure keg with 100g of normal sugar and a squirt of co2 on the top left it to condition in my kitchen. Been about a week now and woke up with my precious brew all on the floor leaking out of the tap managed to stop it leaking and it smelt so good thought id try a cheeky half ( 9 am :thumb: ) wow 80% head 20% beer tastes great but how can switch this equasion the other way :hmm:

i would say it's more the tap on the barrel more than anything , you can try adding a bit of tube on the end of the tap . That usually helps

pittsy said:
i would say it's more the tap on the barrel more than anything , you can try adding a bit of tube on the end of the tap . That usually helps

Yeah, that ^^

Wilko sell a turkey baster that if you trim it off near the top is a nice tight fit onto a drum tap, dispenses the beer at the bottom of the glass then and you get beer, plus head rather than head plus beer that way :)

I lost a good couple of pints will try the tube thing sounds a good plan :party:

I just open the tap a little so there is a flow a d tilt the glass 45 degrees, but will be adding some tubing when I get the chance

Latest posts

Back