Travel insurance

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will12283

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have been looking for travel insurance and had had quotes of under £10 for a family of 3.

I'm unsure if getting cover that is so cheap. I normally use insure and go but after reading an article stating that the cover won't cover the cost of smart phones or tablets (I'm taking my iPhone and iPad) I have decided to look elsewhere.

Anyone have any companies they would recommend?

Thanks Rhys

Just tried the post office had a quote for £45 :eek: I'm only going to Croatia for a week!!!

Think I will look elsewhere :wha:

Me and the wife get free travel cover with our current account with Nationwide

awl23 said:
Me and the wife get free travel cover with our current account with Nationwide
Thats excellent, can you please PM me your bank details and security details in order that i might benefit too???? :D :thumb: :whistle: :whistle:
I need some for August for me the wife and the sprog and this thread has just reminded me (not that i forgot or anything you understand!!) :oops: :oops: :sulk:

I'm going in June and I did not forget, swmbo forgot to remind me :thumb:

Still looking for something decent as I don't have cover with my bank.

If you do manage to find a good one pop it on here please, I need some for July as well and also have not seen much without paying over the top ( also have smartphone and tablet to take :doh: )

id be cautious of the cheap quotes too. i think for piece of mind pay a little more. after all you don't know whats round the corner so to speak. :thumb:
i pay for one annually as we try and get abroad a couple of times a year. its a little more expensive for me as i have a medical condition but considering that its not too bad.
as has being said the post office is pretty good.

If you cant find a cheap enough quote, consider opening a bank account with Natwest.
I've got advantage blue (£7 a month) and the benefits are fairly impressive, including free travel insurance for a week anywhere in the world etc.

I believe the advantage gold (£13 a month) covers spouses/children too, but I'm not sure.

Take a look into it, as far as i am aware there is no contractual obligation, so you could simply close your account after going on holiday.
http://www.natwest.com/personal/adgold/ ... rance.ashx

Latest posts

Back