Turbo Cider Advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank950

Reaction score
For an ordenary none malic cider could i just use 24ltr of AJ/1ltr of cranberry with 5 tsp of tannin bottle and drink in a month or so?..
Also
Just started my first TC on Sat,,with 25ltrAJ/1ltr of Cranberry ,5tsp of Malic acid and 5tsp of Tannin,,,fermenting away with a sweetened cider yeast..is it necessary to add Pectolase ,if so how much?..i used a none cloudy AJ from Lidl.

Mark1964 said:
we never use pectalose just juice and yeast let it ferment out then rack off into another bucket leave for 2 weeks then bottle :thumb:

I plan to mature this for 3-4 months as i have added Malic acid,then bottle..
Could i make a batch without adding the Malic acid, just add the Tannin and bottle in a few weeks and drink?..Wondering if this would taste ok without it undergoing the Malolactic transformation..

I don't add pectolase either, and I don't go the malic route. I add 1 tsp citric acid and 1 tsp tannin per demijohn. Straight apple juice, no sugar, Young's cider yeast.

For the first few tries I used the lemon juice (juice of one lemon per gallon) and tea (one strong cup per gallon) approach, but it's quicker and easier with the powders (and cheaper than lemons). Expect odd looks buying citric acid from the chemists, but it's cheap.

GeorgeSalt said:
I don't add pectolase either, and I don't go the malic route. I add 1 tsp citric acid and 1 tsp tannin per demijohn. Straight apple juice, no sugar, Young's cider yeast.

For the first few tries I used the lemon juice (juice of one lemon per gallon) and tea (one strong cup per gallon) approach, but it's quicker and easier with the powders (and cheaper than lemons). Expect odd looks buying citric acid from the chemists, but it's cheap.
Tartaric Acid any good?..i have a jar from my wine batch..

alank950 said:
GeorgeSalt said:

Tartaric Acid any good?..i have a jar from my wine batch..

I don't usually add any acid, but if I did I'd choose tartaric over citric.

Latest posts

Back