Turbo cider question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiftyshades

Reaction score
Hi I have been reading up about Turbo cider and I notice that quite a few of the threads say not to add sugar and to also add tanin and malic acid, whats that all about then?:confused:

Also one of the posters says to use old rosie yeast and about milf and that whats that all about? I thought turbo was just apple juice and sugar.

Anyone have any pointers I really want to make a nice Turbo cider for summer bbq's.

It can just be apple juice and yeast. But because apple juice doesn't have any tannin in and cider apples generally do, I add in a 4 tea bag cup. If you just use apple juice and no sugar it will be 5-6%, which is enough for me, if you want it stronger add sugar.

I don't know too much about malolactic fermentation but it will make it taste funkier, and old rosie has the type of yeast you need to do that.

As Matt says, tannin is to replace something that should be there, more sugar = more alcohol. I think malic acid is optional.

You might want to consider a non-fermentable sweetener either at the start or at bottling such as Splenda so it isn't so dry it sucks your cheeks in.

milf is something different from brewing altogether :wink:

Back