Twitter campaign

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello dennisking
Thanks for the advice

Yes I will be getting in touch tomorrow I’ve never made home brew before and after Christmas I decided I wanted to try a few home brew kits and placed and order which came to £308 and to this day still no delivery or refund , I know it’s been well documented now about said place, but for a first timer at this and whats happend I think I will just stick to the local super markets in the future

RockHopper

RockHopper said:
Hello dennisking
Thanks for the advice

Yes I will be getting in touch tomorrow I’ve never made home brew before and after Christmas I decided I wanted to try a few home brew kits and placed and order which came to £308 and to this day still no delivery or refund , I know it’s been well documented now about said place, but for a first timer at this and whats happend I think I will just stick to the local super markets in the future

RockHopper

All the forum sponsors, with easy links at the top of the page, are tried and tested, give them a go.

Don't be put off by 'that lot'. There are lots of very good reputable HB shops out there. OK they may not have all the hype and tempting low prices, but for a few extra quid you get brill service and a phone number that is answered by a human. Brew UK, Ballihoo, Leyland Home Brew, Shop4homebrew, just to name a few. I am sure others could add many more to the list of quality HB shops. No need to spend £300 to get started. A good wine or beer starter kit will be around £40-75 depending on the kit. And come with all you need to get started.

RockHopper, phone your bank in the morning and ask for a credit charge back, they will refund you the money and then chase it themselfs, Everything you buy on your card online is covered.

Welcome to the forum, its a great bunch in here :cheers:

@Aleman - reply :thumb:

Essex_Lad said:
RockHopper, phone your bank in the morning and ask for a credit charge back, they will refund you the money and then chase it themselfs, Everything you buy on your card online is covered.

this is what I did, the bank refunded my money after about 10 days. They are now chasing "them" for the dosh.

Hi Essex_Lad

Thanks for the info
I have just had a refund from the bank, and also reported them to Trading standards and Consumer direct
I can now get a few Brews on 3 months later but glad it’s all sorted now

RockHopper said:
Hi Essex_Lad

Thanks for the info
I have just had a refund from the bank, and also reported them to Trading standards and Consumer direct
I can now get a few Brews on 3 months later but glad it’s all sorted now
a great outcome for you! Don't let it put you off home brewing! Use one of the site sponsors!

I'm loving seeing the demise of these jokers, the sooner they disappear the better. :clap:

Swazi said:
I'm loving seeing the demise of these jokers, the sooner they disappear the better. :clap:
:thumb:

Looks like trustpilot have sorted themselves out as well, the bad reviews are pouring in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol I see the trustpilot reviews have gone from there homepage. I got lucky and got my refund without having to raise a dispute with my bank

It's looking like the end could be nigh, if you visit the MSE forum and read posts from the last couple of days, I do hope we haven't got forum members still waiting for goods or their money back.

brews-brothers said:
check out the last post on page 27 of http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... 46&page=26

It explains everything.

Well, I was starting to get a little worried as I had a cancelled order a few days ago. Just getting prepared to contact credit card company to request a chargeback, and thought would check ... just seen that they refunded in full on Wednesday. I did check my account on Friday, and it wasn't showing then. But it's showing right now. So I'm all happy and less worried :) Also managed to get about half my order sent through, and only a few kits I didn't get, which I will order through a more reputable company now :)

Hope everyone else doesn't have any problems!

There really does need to be some law in place to stop these people opening up another company using the same business practice as the one that has closed before.

I just hope that enough people in our Homebrew circuit have spread the word so; I for one will be waiting for the new company to spring up and will be keeping an eye.

Decided to have a look at their site and forum. The forum boasts to be the biggest in Europe, yet has less members and posts then this site and Jims.

dennisking said:
Decided to have a look at their site and forum. The forum boasts to be the biggest in Europe, yet has less members and posts then this site and Jims.

I had a little look yesterday and its also getting battered with bad posts now, seems that they have seen the compnay for what it it.

Power to the people :cheers:

It seems they made the mistake of treating home brewers as individuals and never entertained the idea that there is a strong community spirit among us. I had to laugh at their claims to being the largest forum and community in the UK. I bet they will be looking at this forum and Jim's and to them I say
"Bye Bye losers"

Latest posts

Back