Tynt Meadow Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, thanks for that. I'll make a starter on weds and see if I get any life before pitching on Sunday...if things go to plan!

Yes, yeast is important for this one. If all goes well I may pop a couple in the post for you to try. đź‘Ť
That would be awesome. I'm happy to do a swap as well. I have in bottles a Belgian blonde fermented with wy1388 Belgian Strong Ale yeast which I can send in return. (I also have other beers if you're getting tired of Belgians!)

The recipe is:

3.5kg pale malt
3.5kg pilsner malt
300g caramalt
500g golden syrup

10g Polaris @ 60 min
25g Saaz @ 10 min
25g Fuggles @ 10 min

It's ~23 IBU and 8.9% ABV.

It was quite harsh tasting with a lot of phenolic flavour, but over time the flavour has been improving and is becoming quite enjoyable.

That would be awesome. I'm happy to do a swap as well. I have in bottles a Belgian blonde fermented with wy1388 Belgian Strong Ale yeast which I can send in return. (I also have other beers if you're getting tired of Belgians!)

The recipe is:

3.5kg pale malt
3.5kg pilsner malt
300g caramalt
500g golden syrup

10g Polaris @ 60 min
25g Saaz @ 10 min
25g Fuggles @ 10 min

It's ~23 IBU and 8.9% ABV.

It was quite harsh tasting with a lot of phenolic flavour, but over time the flavour has been improving and is becoming quite enjoyable.
That sounds nice, would welcome a bottle of that. 👍🍻

Back