Tyson Fury: Heavyweight boxing champion 'here to stay'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When he beat Klitschko then apologised for his anti gay outbursts i thought he had changed, sometimes boxers should let their boxing do the talking.

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury says he is "here to stay" after earlier suggesting he had retired from boxing.

The British fighter, who withdrew from his 29 October rematch with Wladimir Klitschko because of reported mental health issues, had tweeted: "I'm the greatest, and also retired."

But three hours later Fury, 28, was back on social media to suggest his earlier claim had been a joke.

"Hahahaha, you think you will get rid of the Gypsy King that easy?" he said.

"I'm here to stay. #TheGreatest. Just shows you what the media are like. Tut tut.

"Soon as I get better I'll be defending what's mine - the heavyweight throne."

Fury had been scheduled to earn the biggest purse of his career for his second fight with Klitschko at Manchester Arena this month.

He postponed the original rematch against the Ukrainian, which was scheduled for July, after injuring an ankle in training.

BBC Sport.

Retiring after one Championship fight he should change his title to Tyson Fury- lightweight! ( only don't tell him it was me that said that!)

I would love to see AJ take on Fury, it would be like Champions league vs. Sunday league. AJ has genuine class and carries himself like a proper champion.

I stopped following boxing a number of years ago as the judging became so obviously bent i couldn't be bothered any more, this guy however doesn't need a points decision and may rekindle my interest.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0uvGe0AhNI[/ame]

Fury is just a clown who isn't funny,got lucky after building a bum a month record who caught klitchko after he took his eye off the ball.there is only one genuine world class heavyweight and that's detonay wilder who if given a chance by the different governing boxing bodies would go on to clean up a classless heavyweight division. AJ won't reign long in my opinion as he's like Bruno too muscle bound that saps strength,yep he will always have a punchers chance but after 6 if its still going will tire rapidly like he did against whyte
PS you can tell I'm not a fan of our two heavyweights can't you

Latest posts

Back