Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now Kazakhstan and The Uzbeks have told Russia to **** off, trouble seems to be brewing between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. They are losing influence over their nearest central asian nieghbours they managed to uphold a sort of Soviet-light with after the unions fall.
If the war continues to go this badly I think the RF is done for in it's current shape.
In that case it will be interesting to see if China takes the opportunity to grab Vladivostok and the "Greater Manchuria" areas of East Siberia around the border...
This is a win-win for China, if the war had gone well and Russia had actually managed to un-F their military and internal affairs has they made the impression of, they would have a strong anti western ally, if not as is the case Russia would break apart and a lot of industry and much sought after resources becomes free real estate for them...

I think you’re on the right track. The Chinese are not stupid, and that area is a bone of contention, as well as being full of resources.
Let’s see what happens today when they meet.

I think Russia will be Chinas puppy by the end of all this.

Kherson will look like to be the next eventual place to be recaptured. Russia also have partisan actuvity which is causing them hell.

Poorly trained and poorly equiped and compromised supply lines and low morale against a better trained better equiped better supply and support fighting for their own country. I just think it will be a matter of time and I am not sure Russia can even hold Crimea.

From looking at Pro Russian sources they seem to firmly believe WInter will be their ally. As if Ukraine do not know what winter in their oen country is like and mainly they think Europe will freeze and falter its support and conceed to Russia. I personally think they are running out of road at the minute.

I think this will be over by Christmas, starting a war with soldiers who don't want it is a really bad idea, Vlad took a gamble on the west keeping out of it but Boris took up the torch and lead the way about the only thing he did right

It seems to me that pretty much every so called civilised country is trying to break the economy’s, and therefore screw the people of other countries. A bit sad really.
It’s about time that we as inhabitants of this planet started to actually get the most out of what it has to offer, not just finding the quickest way to make everyone’s live a misery.

It seems to me that pretty much every so called civilised country is trying to break the economy’s, and therefore screw the people of other countries. A bit sad really.
It’s about time that we as inhabitants of this planet started to actually get the most out of what it has to offer, not just finding the quickest way to make everyone’s live a misery.
Well our government has achieved that here.

Turkey's Erdogan: Russia's Putin willing to end war

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said he believes Russia's leader is seeking an end to the war he began in Ukraine, and that a "significant step" will be made.

1663697642589.png

He said his impression from recent talks with Vladimir Putin was that he wanted to "end this as soon as possible".
Ukraine has recaptured swathes of its territory this month.
The Turkish leader indicated things were "quite problematic" for Russia.
Mr Erdogan spoke of having "very extensive discussions" with Mr Putin at a summit in Uzbekistan last week.
In an interview with US broadcaster PBS, the Turkish leader said he gained the impression that the Russian president wanted a speedy end to the war.
"He is actually showing me that he's willing to end this as soon as possible," Mr Erdogan said. "That was my impression, because the way things are going right now are quite problematic."
He also said 200 "hostages" would soon be exchanged between the two sides. He gave no further detail of who would be included in such a prisoner swap.

Mr Erdogan has repeatedly sought to mediate during the war, promoting a "balanced" stance for Nato member Turkey, while opposing Western sanctions on Russia.
He helped the UN mediate a resumption of grain exports from Ukraine and said last week he was trying to organise direct ceasefire talks.
Meanwhile, two months after Russian forces seized control over the entire eastern region of Luhansk, Ukraine has reclaimed part of the territory.
Luhansk's Ukrainian leader Serhiy Haidai said Russian forces had retreated from the village of Bilohorivka - but were doing all they could to dig in elsewhere.
President Volodymyr Zelensky said "the occupiers are clearly in a panic".

Earlier this month, Mr Erdogan accused the West of adopting a policy of "provocation" towards Russia and warned that the war was unlikely to end "any time soon".
Last week the Russian leader said he was open to meeting the Ukrainian president, but that Mr Zelensky was not. He told India's prime minister he wanted to end the fighting "as soon as possible".
However, Russia has not given any indication that it is prepared to accept Kyiv's demands for a full withdrawal from Ukrainian territory, including areas seized in 2014.
Crimea was annexed by Russia at the time, and now ex-President Dmitry Medvedev has said that Russian-backed separatists should hold "referendums" on annexing the territories of Luhansk and Donetsk - which are known as Donbas.
President Putin has repeatedly identified "liberation" of Ukraine's Donbas region as Russia's main goal. "Referendums in Donbas are essential," said Mr Medvedev, who is now deputy head of Russia's security council.
Local Russian-backed leaders in Luhansk and Donetsk have also called for urgent referendums, and Ukrainian defence ministry adviser Oleksiy Koptyko suggested they were a "sign of hysteria" in Moscow, as well as an attempt to spur Mr Putin into action.
As well as recapturing much of the Kharkiv region in the north-east, Ukrainian forces have launched a counter-offensive in the southern region of Kherson, forcing its Russian-installed leader to delay a referendum on joining Russia.
Asked by PBS whether Russia should be allowed to keep any territory it had taken since February, and whether that should be part of a peace deal, Mr Erdogan said: "No, and undoubtedly no."
He also said that "lands which were invaded will be returned to Ukraine". It was not clear whether he also included territory held by Russian-backed separatists since 2014.
Asked whether Russia should be allowed to keep Crimea - which it annexed in 2014 - Mr Erdogan said that since then, Turkey had been talking to Mr Putin about returning the peninsula "to its rightful owners" but that no progress had been made.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-eu...ews&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom1=[post+type]

Don’t believe a word from either of them.
His troops have taken a beating and have lost ground they don't want to fight especially as the enemy has far superior weapons, this has to end at some point and this could be the start, from what i heard on the radio today China are distancing themselves looks like Putin is running out of weapons, men and options.

I think the only problem is the ordinary Russian has the news suppressed from what is happening. Until they get the real picture the Russian public will toe the line.
Hopefully they can not hide the deaths of troops from the families and that is where the Anti-Putin thoughts will start

I am far from an expert on Russian strategic decision making, but I can't see why the Russians would agree to a ceasefire now when they are in a position of weakness and the campaigning season is coming to an end.
I'd imagine they'd try and put the squeeze on NATO and the EU and hope to provoke members to force the Ukraine to negotiate a ceasefire to alleviate the cost of living crisis.

I really can't see this ending soon.

It actually looks like Putin is trying to ramp things up. The Russians are trying to run speedy referendum to get the Luhansk & Dohnask regions join Russia.
If that happens, apparently, the recent Ukranian counter-offensive would be seen as an attack on Russia proper and would be used as an excuse for full mobilisation. Very scary, if it happens.

Latest posts

Back