Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully it'll stop when Russia withdraws and apologises. I think there's too much historical precedent in allowing fascist states to invade other countries and not doing anything about it.

I think they have to tread carefully and not isolate Russia completely but personally think they are a busted flush, even China won't help them.
They'll have to do a lot more than apologise. Reperations and continued sanctions til they stop cunting about with regards to troll farms and Salisbury.

And a big DMZ on their side of the Ukrainian border.

You'll say I've learned nothing from Versailles, but I'd say we've learnt nothing from the fall of the wall

They'll have to do a lot more than apologise. Reperations and continued sanctions til they stop cunting about with regards to troll farms and Salisbury.

And a big DMZ on their side of the Ukrainian border.

You'll say I've learned nothing from Versailles, but I'd say we've learnt nothing from the fall of the wall

I was being facetious tbf. 👍

I imagine the long range weapons would be used to target ammo dumps and military targets outside of HIMARS range? I do not think Ukriane would do something too stupid with them as it would compromise their support.

I support giving UKraine whatever they need ot end this conflict asap.

I think Zelensky is right to be worried, if this counteroffence does not succeed then support could wane..

Also reported in various other outlets. In Bakhmut the Russians have not advanced in the last week. The "breakthrough" was outside Bakhmut. 2 Russian companies destroyed for no loss on the UK side. The counter offensive will not start until the ground is dry enough to support mechanised advances. Its been just too muddy.

I agree that we and the rest of the civilised world should give them all they need to beat Putin and his cronies, i feel sorry for ordinary Russians and i bet if they could speak freely they would shout load and clear WE DON'T WANT THIS

I don't think the counter offensive has really begun. I think all this confusion about it is done on purpose

That being said , it looks like there has been a huge push back in Bakhmut.

Rybar are reporting all this (incase the consipracy loons decide to hijack this place again)

Strategically striking from bakhmut does make sense. Striking towards the southern tip of the Ukrainian and Russian border from there would essentially separate half the Russian forces from resupply by traditional ground routes, leaving them solely reliant on resupply through the Crimea. Knocking out that rail bridge in to the Crimea (which they have already done once) would starve a huge chunk of the Russian forces from effective resupply.
Risky though, as the left flank would be quite exposed - but I don't think the Ukraine has any option but a risky all or nothing counter attack. Weapon supplies from the west won't continue forever and they need to get a decisive victory this year. If not they will face the prospect of being forced in to a negotiation and settle this with losing land.

Summary​

1. Ukraine's President Zelensky says Russia does not occupy the embattled city of Bakhmut
  2. Russia earlier claimed they are in full control of the city, after months of fighting
  3. Zelensky also says Russia will "feel" when Ukraine begins its counter-offensive
  4. The US has announced its 38th military package for Ukraine, this one worth $375m
  5. President Biden says the US will not waver in its support for Ukraine
  6. Also at the G7, UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak calls China the "biggest challenge of our age"
  7. He says China's behaviour is increasingly "authoritarian" at home and "assertive" abroad
  8. The G7 comprises the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan – and eight other nations have been invited this year
BBC News.

Situation in Bakhmut looks odd, Zelenksy says Russia does not occupy it, but I feel Wager will soon take full control over it, yet the flanks are cumbling so they could somehow become encircled at the same time.

The whole thing is rank, they managed to finall take a small town for what? a political win. I dread to think the number of dead bodies and injuries there.

Bakhmut is situated in a basin surrounded by low-rise hills, troop concentrations and losses have likely been very much higher on the Russian side in the salient around Bakhmut, where the flanks are seemingly failing.
In short, the Russians may have been walked in to a trap.

Bakhmut is situated in a basin surrounded by low-rise hills, troop concentrations and losses have likely been very much higher on the Russian side in the salient around Bakhmut, where the flanks are seemingly failing.
In short, the Russians may have been walked in to a trap.
That is what I was thinking.. Have Wagner captured a one way street?

This is an amazing piece on the BBC by Sarah Rainsford
Ukraine war: The mothers going to get their children back from Russia
Anyone wondering when the Ukrainian counter offensive is starting I agree it already has and it’s going to be unconventional and nasty; people talk of a ‘decisive victory’, Ukraine are fighting a nuclear armed nation and Russian leaders have never given a toss about war deaths! Plus I’m seriously starting to think Putin is not so much an autocrat but the figure head of a seriously criminal Russian Cabal!?
ps. Needed to stop drinking for a while and drop 20kg and feeling much better for it..

The Russian state is basically a big maffia organisation, with Putin as the head. That means he has underlings vying for influence and also an interest in keeping them doing that, so they challenge each other instead of him.

I can admit I was mislead by their propaganda and outwards appearances, not that I believed them to be benevolent, but that administration had spent the last decade or so cleaning up the rampant corruption and lifted up the industrial capabilities with armed forces modernisations etc...
But it seems the Russian system is still as rotten as it became after the Soviet collapse...
Let's just hope their nukes are in as much decay as their strategical reserve of tanks and other equipment seems to be.

BBC news Summary

1. More than 17,000 people are being evacuated after a major dam in Ukraine was breached
  2. Ukraine's President Zelensky says the dam was "mined by Russian occupiers" who "blew it up"
  3. Moscow denies this - and suggests Ukrainian shelling may be to blame
  4. At least 24 different settlements in the Kherson region are already flooded, Ukraine's interior ministry says
  5. A state of emergency has been declared in the Nova Kakhovka district and the water level is reported to have risen to more than 11m (36ft)
  6. EU Council President Charles Michel blames the attack on Russia, saying the destruction of civilian infrastructure was a "war crime"

BBC news Summary

1. More than 17,000 people are being evacuated after a major dam in Ukraine was breached
  2. Ukraine's President Zelensky says the dam was "mined by Russian occupiers" who "blew it up"
  3. Moscow denies this - and suggests Ukrainian shelling may be to blame
  4. At least 24 different settlements in the Kherson region are already flooded, Ukraine's interior ministry says
  5. A state of emergency has been declared in the Nova Kakhovka district and the water level is reported to have risen to more than 11m (36ft)
  6. EU Council President Charles Michel blames the attack on Russia, saying the destruction of civilian infrastructure was a "war crime"
Its not official until the orcs deny it

I have had a drink or3 today, i won't comment much other than to say, i am sure we in the west could do some covert ops in Russia, the SAS and Navy Seals and others could take out some Russian power stations, pumping stations and other stuff, and blame it on Russian dissidents who appose Puketin

Back