Unfortunate /Embarrassing names

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always raises a smile with me when he gets mentioned on the news:

dickpound.jpg

What about funny place names as well?

We have a small town in Donegal called Muff and there is a townland a mile from me called Ballywatticock!

We had a street in our village called Fannybush Lane! It has now been changed, because the council got sick of replacing the road sign as loads of them have been nicked over the years!

There's a village near me that has a Pant Lane...for as long as I can remember the sign gets a Y after the Pant by some mirthful soul with a marker pen...

Cheers

Clint

There's a village near me that has a Pant Lane...for as long as I can remember the sign gets a Y after the Pant by some mirthful soul with a marker pen...

Cheers

Clint

That's a bit like the Shilbottle sign near Alnwick, Northumberland that featured in the Stewart lee show. Every time you pass someone has crossed the l making it a t so the sign reads ****bottle
Lee reckons it's passed on from father to son and is a local ritual, it's been like that for generations that I know of.

Shilbottle.jpg

That's great! I was nearly up the kerb when driving past the "welcome to Totnes" sign...as ,very artfully, someone had added...twinned with Narnia!

Cheers

Clint

This sign used to make me laugh.

They have changed it now but this is what they did to it (well my version of it)

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's a bit like the Shilbottle sign near Alnwick, Northumberland that featured in the Stewart lee show. Every time you pass someone has crossed the l making it a t so the sign reads ****bottle
Lee reckons it's passed on from father to son and is a local ritual, it's been like that for generations that I know of.

Always chuckle driving past, for a tiny place it has a lot of signs! Went there once and the name is quite apt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mam bless her was a Proud Welsh Woman. However she did like the fact the welsh language kinda died out during the 50's 60's 70's you see her name Eurfron when translated into English is Golden Breasts ;) No One Ever let on they knew tho and it was only ever discussed in hushed whispers.

Latest posts

Back