US-05 yeast fermentation time

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverShadow

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently on my first ever brew (Beavertown Gamma Ray) and hit a bit of a snag, finding out the hydrometer is broken :(

Has anyone used this yeast before and have a rough idea of fermentation times please?

I've fermented my 10L liquor for 6 days at 20'c and noticed the krausen has subsided and liquor a nice clear tan colour.

Some websites I read have said this is the time to dry hop, when the krausen subsides, but maybe I'm being too gung ho and should wait at least 10 days?

Most grateful for any advice

Most of us leave the brew at least 2 weeks as a generic rule. It's different for different yeasts, but you won't harm the brew by leaving it too long, whereas you can bottle/keg too early: patience pays when you are a homebrewer.

I've got a brew on with US-05 at the moment, day12 and it's still fermenting, I'd leave it until day10 to dry hop.

Great advice, thank you :D

I'm probably just too eager to try my brew ;)

As it's just 10L liquor in 30l fermentation bucket I don't think the airlock bubble did much, so was assuming it was over.

I'm afraid I dry hopped already, so may stick some more in day 10.

Im keg conditioning it with C02, and assume that can be done at room temperature (18-19'c) for 2 weeks?

Great advice, thank you :D

I'm probably just too eager to try my brew ;)

As it's just 10L liquor in 30l fermentation bucket I don't think the airlock bubble did much, so was assuming it was over.

I'm afraid I dry hopped already, so may stick some more in day 10.

Im keg conditioning it with C02, and assume that can be done at room temperature (18-19'c) for 2 weeks?
Can you keep your keg in a cooler location e.g. fridge? I do and get stuck into it after about 3days!

Thanks again :D

Using the fridge could be a deal breaker with the missus :P

But failing that the spare room gets cold, or if not then covered up outdoors if all else fails

Back