using mashing bag for your must

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flumpcat

Reaction score
could you use a mashing sparging bag for your country wine musts?. i am fed up with taking ages passing my fruit thru a jelly bag when its time to strain off to a secondary vessel. so could i put all fruit into this at the start ? what do others do please. kind regards Debbie :cheers:

I often use muslin, but recently acquired a large poly net curtain, which i've washed and sterilised and it works a treat if going from one bucket to another. Strained in no time at all!

thanks for that , i am going to try and get some net curtain material. but does anybody put all their fruit etc into a large bag instead od loose in the bucket. i wondered weather a mashing sparging bag would work . thanks again Debbie

Oh sorry, only just got the jist of what you're saying here!

Either way you'd still have to strain. You'd have a lot of fruit there and it would hold a lot of water so when it comes to taking out you'd still have to wait/squeeze a little bit to get all the juice out of the fruit in the bag.

That said, you'd avoid having to transfer from one FV to the next and all that hassle.

Back