• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - 50lts and 30lts beer kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormybrew

Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple of kegs SS, preferably 50lts and 30lts in size. I've been in contact with Morrow Brothers regarding some SS kegs, before I commit I wondered if anyone was looking to sell any legally (don't fancy Kegwatch knocking on my door!)

Are there any pro's / cons between SS and plastic? Morrow brothers have given me a good price which includes fully banding and plating for the refurbished kegs.

I'm planning on brews of 50lts and 30lts sizes, if I don't achieve the volume, is there any disadvantage to filling 50lts keg with say, 40lts?

Tks

Had a quick look at crusader, a lot more expensive, though you're getting a new keg

Could you please let us know how you get on with marrow brothers. They arnt far away in Preston for me to collect if they would accept that.

Crusader now have some nice "Cornie killer" slimline kegs, and a new online shop!

Morrow brothers are alright but a bit dear. There really isn't much in it between them and crusader by the time you're done.

Just an update

I ordered a 30lts and 50lts keg from Morrow Brothers earlier in the week and they arrived today. Am very pleased with them

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/35/byon.jpg

Easy to deal with and good quick delivery. Both kegs come with plating showing brewery name, serial number and contact details. S type spears were supplied not fully installed.

Back