*Warning Mod Brewing* Odd Job Pale ALe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez!

That's EXACTLY what I do and the same grains as I use. I maybe sparge slightly faster but not that much.

Hmmm. Any other tips?

K

Aye will do.

Suppose I need to actually see how slow 1L/min looks like so I know what to be doing next time.

Will give that a bash.

K

I use a jug or a bucket to get an idea, actually I use a bucket to sparge into and transfer to the kettle and it has markings on it so I know it takes about 10 minutes to get 10L. :thumb:

kev said:
Jeez!

That's EXACTLY what I do and the same grains as I use. I maybe sparge slightly faster but not that much.

Hmmm. Any other tips?

K

What kind of dead space have you got in the MT and kettle? That will all count towards the final brew house efficiency figure.

HLT on though I managed to set fire to an element yesterday :oops: :oops: so down to one, probably take a god 90 minutes to get 50L of water up to 85c :evil: :evil:

Besieged by problems one element on each of the HLT and kettle blown (one caught fire) no hop filter in the kettle, didn't realise till the end so drained, fitted and refilled however in doing so blew an element then couldn't get the boil back up for the 5 min aroma hops so 2 steeping additions instead.

Chilling now ready to drop into fv. :evil:

Jeltz said:
kev said:
Jeez!

Hmmm. Any other tips?

K

What kind of dead space have you got in the MT and kettle? That will all count towards the final brew house efficiency figure.

Nothing on my MT and about 3l on the boiler.

K

Bucket loads of hops ready to go in earlier today

IMG-20140304-00140_zps6dc988bf.jpg

And the money shot

IMG-20140304-00143_zps0e3c93db.jpg

ended up a little under at 1052 but quite happy with that. :thumb:

I have lowered the ABV of this to a more respectable session beer strength 5.5%

i think secretly you know this is gonna attenuate past 1,014.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

looks damn tasty in any case :D

Back