Water or milk first

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As above, stir the milk as the hot water goes into the mug and the lumps disolve :)

My wiffe drinks her coffee with with milk and wont drink it with the lumps still circulating the cup so avoiding them is a key skill for me :)

Tea must be boiling water, and left to steep for a few minutes, even with tea bags.

Real coffee is drunk in the TRX household on weekends only, too much fuss for the rest of the week :(

hairybiker said:
oldbloke said:
The method I'd suggest is to throw the but I do insist on a cafetiere.
[/quote]
Now that I really DISLIKE the ground bits <spits grounds outs> you get with them I totally dislike. Bit like when an t-bag splits open and you get loose tea in your mug :cry:[/quote]

I don't get any. Some cafetieres are much better made than others... Not always easy to tell until you start using them though. You definitely need one where the mesh filter comes up past the side of the plunger at least 1/4".
And they don't suit all grinds, too fine and bits will get through.

Chippy_Tea said:
First beer snobbery now coffee snobbery. :roll:

I'm pretty sure that coffee snobbery existed way before the recent wave of beer snobbery. Or does Beer snobbery go back further than I was aware of?

Chippy_Tea said:
narmour said:
jkp said:
The method I'd suggest is to throw the Nescafé in the nearest bin and make some real coffee :tongue:

Nescafe is the Blue Nun of the coffee world. Perfectly acceptable when you didn't know any better.

I drink a cup in the morning before work and drink tea at work or other times of the day so i am not interested in going to all the fuss of grinding and making my own and finding one i like, if that floats your boat fine, the question was not which is the better coffee it was which is the better method of making it.

First beer snobbery now coffee snobbery. :roll:

And I answered your question (which I notice you left out of your quote).

I also joined in a discussion which was loosely based on your original question which had already started. A forum is a place for conversation, not just answering questions. If another conversation starts up on the back of your question, don't try and beat it down by calling those who take part 'snobs', just because you happen to disagree with them. :nono:

Calling the quest for quality 'snobby' :wha:
If you are happy in your life to accept the lowest quality available then great but don't demean others for their higher standards.

I'm pretty sure that Chippy_Tea's snobbery comment was just a bit a humour and not a dig at anyone else, so lets not get upset about it.

anthonyUK said:
Calling the quest for quality 'snobby' :wha:
If you are happy in your life to accept the lowest quality available then great but don't demean others for their higher standards.

If you read my earlier post where i explain i only drink a cup of coffee in the morning and drinkl tea the rest of the day and could not be bothered faffing about at that time of day to make a "proper" cup of coffee you could have saved yourself the time posting that.

I'm pretty sure that Chippy_Tea's snobbery comment was just a bit a humour and not a dig at anyone else, so lets not get upset about it.

At the time i posted it it was, having reading the posts that followed i am now thinking it is actually the case.

jkp said:

I think you should rephrase that as an attempt at humour...

narmour said:
jkp said:

I think you should rephrase that as an attempt at humour...

bzyY622.png

Back