Ways to courier gas cylinders and opinion on BOC Suregas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seb Swallow

Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I'm trying to obtain a CO2 cylinder for my corney keg setup. Now, I have really struddled to try and find one locally. Generally, the deposit system is really expensive around me.

I have found a mostly full size B suregas cylinder on eBay. It as listed as a pickup only item, however the seller said I can use a courier as long as it is legal and they allow full gas bottles. I wondered if any of you have also tried shipping gas cylinders?

Also, on the subject of renting from BOC, does anyone rent from them. I went to my close by gas and gear, and they said they only sell to account holders, so I assume you must have to have an account with them. They are increibly vauge on their rental price for Suregas. Does anyone know the rental price for them at the moment?

Thanks

My first bottle was a BOC (bought from an aquatics centre) and nobody would touch it apart from BOC themselves. Can't remember what I was quoted to start an account last year but it was seriously prohibitive when taking into account how much gas I was actually going to use. I ended up having to buy a generic bottle so I can get it refilled without issue

Cheers. Tom

Yeah, that is what I have generally heard of about BOC. Then cylinder on sale was pretty much full and very cheap, so was hoping it would be a nice thing to start off with till I get a Generic one. Where are good places to buy a generic one, as I'm struddling to find online/local places.
Thanks, Seb

I think BOC are always seriously expensive unless you are going through cylinders weekly, also before buying any cylinder make sure you can get it refilled as many places only fill there own cylinders. Asking in local pubs is a good start.

I'm after the same, Plus a corny keg. Place near me Chorley gas want £80 altogether.£50 Deposit And £30 for gas. Just 20 mins away a place called bossgas in Wigan do it for £65 £50 dep and £15 for gas. Both food grade etc. Only 2 places I have tried what a diff in price. The deposit seems a bit high but hey Jo!(prices quoted for 10L bottle)

You mention Wigan so not sure how far you are from Liverpool.
ExpressGasdelivery are worth a shot. Not sure what they charge for a bottle without one for an exchange. That's where I got mine. Then there's CTS uk also just around the corner (ish) from them. If you've got an empty they said to me that they'll refill for a fiver. Both are worth a call if you're not too far away

Cheers. Tom

Hi everyone!
Yeah, thats the problem. All the deposit ones are really expensive upfront. As for local pubs, I;ve already emailed all my local ones and no one got back.

Latest posts

Back