What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly this is not for me - far too perfumey
20240217_193909.jpg

What was the Ambree like and where did you get it ? I'm in the planning stage of a BdG brew and I would like to have a few bottles so I know what I'm aiming for.
I bought it in Auchan in Calais last year, unfortunately haven’t seen it over this side of the channel.
It was similar to a tripel but with a bit of a thicker body, acidic tones and a more complex, acid-fruit aftertaste. At a guess, I’d say it achieved the body through a greater malt to invert sugar ratio than a tripel has.
I did manage to capture the yeast from another BdG I had over there - it definitely has an impact because I built it and threw it into a basic pilsner kit; it ended up with striking apple & gooseberry aftertaste and a marked dryness.

A duvel 666 in a fancy hotel room in Enniskillen while I cool down after an hour in a the hot tub and steam room. View attachment 95862
I love Duvel. I think the standard Duvel is the true nectar of the godless, and the Tripple Hop - Citra is outstanding. I was very disappointed with the 666. What are your thoughts on it, @Donegal john ?

I love Duvel. I think the standard Duvel is the true nectar of the godless, and the Tripple Hop - Citra is outstanding. I was very disappointed with the 666. What are your thoughts on it, @Donegal john ?
As a beer it was ok. As a duvel it was a bit disappointing if you know what I mean. Less aroma and flavour than the original and no where near the fantastic citra.

Back