What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spiced Pumpkin Ale I started on the 15th November last year finally tasted good enough to drink. The taste of cloves has moderated a lot since the New Year so I had a couple of bottles.

A lovely drink for tonight's cold and windy conditions.:gulp:

Saltaire Cascade Pale Ale. Not a huge amount of hop aroma, which initially suggests a 'where are the hops' situation, but they are there after a few sips. It's an OK Pale Ale, nothing special; nothing at all offensive. I'd buy it again.

Marlon's Pride. My clone of London Pride. Not bad.....but I'm getting bored of it now.....amazing how long a corny of this stuff can last

Had a bottle of wine I got from tj2you a member on here (we work together, we swapped bottles in the car park, it was like a drug deal from the telly). Made with grapes from his garden and concentrate last September. I say a bottle but I made the mistake of giving my beloved a glass and she ended with most of it. I really have to say that it was gorgeous, beautifully clear, rosè coloured all the sediment stayed at the bottom of the bottle so it stayed clear all the way down. It tasted sublime, neither too dry or too sweet lovely deep fruit flavour and was lovely on the palette ( I can't do the woody overtones of an autumn afternoon with hints of a jasmine scented moonlit night sort of descriptions). We think it was about 12% and it ran out far too quickly, my beloved wants to try and buy a couple of bottles, but I just nodded knowing that you don't sell something you've made when it's this nice.

I'm having a couple of my Cwtch. Slightly disappointed in this kit. I was expecting great things after some of the reviews I read but to me it is not as good as the festival kits. Not bad though, it will get drunk.

Being a billionaire, I am fortunate to have a full sized zoo in my back garden. Currently, we have Chin Chin, a male panda, visiting from China on a cultural exchange. He went out this afternoon and came back with some thankyou presents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a Friday night, I've been forced to open a big bottle of Leffe Blonde. (75cl - £2.96 from Morrisons) ...........hmmm....not bad......might have to open another one in a minute.

(note to self: must get around to brewing another batch of Belgian Abbey)

I had a hankering for Ossian earlier so got Mrs Dundee to buy me a bottle at Tesco. It’s “research” for the golden ale I plan on ordering ingredients for this weekend to brew next Friday.

Then I’m back to my minikeg of Drunken Lazy ******* stout.

My first all grain. Force carbed one of my tap a draft kegs to try it. I had a lot of issues with this beer and it is not at all what I was aiming for. Was trying to make an Irish red but I have ended up with a malty stout. It is not bad though. I'll learn from my mistakes.

Attachments

• IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 180
Three pints of Hardy Tup bitter...which I think is Thwaites. ...in the Farmers Arms,Baycliff,Ulverston. A super pint!
All went to the proverbial when my dogs didn't like another dog in the pub .....
Stopping in a great place. .Driftwood cottage..right on the beach.
Been out earlier and scavenged a load of drift wood which I am now stoking up in the log burner...and supping homebrew...of course...brought a 10 pk of my own. .

My first all grain. Force carbed one of my tap a draft kegs to try it. I had a lot of issues with this beer and it is not at all what I was aiming for. Was trying to make an Irish red but I have ended up with a malty stout. It is not bad though. I'll learn from my mistakes.

I wouldn't be kicking that out of bed Lawrence, looks like a really nice pint.

Rhubarb and pink peppercorn berliner weisse, whilst kegging my latest attempt at a NEIPA.

Attachments

• DSC_0936.JPG
    DSC_0936.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Today I finished the last bottle of the Vienna Lager brewed in August last year.

It was so delicious I thought "I'll try a glass of the newly brewed one." but, at less than four weeks since pitching the yeast, I was way, way too soon!

Mea culpa! It was drinkable but I'll leave it for another few weeks before trying again!

Beers all tucked up in my kegerator, so time for another beer before bed. Bit of a strange one this, smoked scratching stout by a abbeydale so wrong yet so right like drinking a roasted bag of frazzles.
DSC_0939.JPG
DSC_0941.JPG

A Pilsner. Undercarbonated (it only took one accident to become reeeaaallyy careful), overattenuated (dunno what happened) and very drinkable, if I liked lagers. Oh well, two IPA in the fridge as followups, I forgot about them, they must be 5 months old now and lost quite some hopforwardness :(

Attachments

• 20180217_174802_HDR.jpg
    20180217_174802_HDR.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 169
Still away..picked up a tin of gamma ray earlier....for research purposes! Then a selection of my finest...plus a curry and I've got a big stack of drift wood off the beach to burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back