What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First beer of the day is a 6.4% Vienna IPA, hopped using Citra and Cascade. With thanks to @dan125.

Well carbonated and a lovely orange-tan colour. Quite hazy (Grrr). Nice hoppy aroma - mostly citrusy orange-grapefruit. Fairly dry, no astringency, quite strong but smooth bitterness, great hoppy flavours with a mild orange zest pithiness - reminds me a little of Equanot hops.

Unfortunately, it seems to be gone before I finished my tasting so I’ll have to ask Dan to sent me another dozen to finish off ;)

Beautiful beer Dan. As good as any commercial beer and better than many I’ve tried (that is quite a lot!).

CA903913-75B6-45F4-85F6-36D39BF77183.jpeg

First taste of my Munich malt IPA after only 2 days in the bottle (it's actually nicely carbed already). I know it looks oxidised, it's really not, the colour is from the dark Munich I used. I think the yeast I used (WHC Brexit) suppresses malt flavour, this is my 2nd time using it with Munich based beers and both of them have been slightly lacking maltiness. However I'm really happy with the hop flavour and aroma, dank and fruity marmalade, reminding me somewhat of Stone IPA. The bitterness is a tad high for my taste and there's a touch of hop burn that should age out but otherwise pretty good. I'm happy that I can't taste anything off from the Campden tablet and the fact that it has carbed so quickly suggests that it hasn't hurt the yeast too much either. Time will tell if it helps reduce oxidation.
G7BOpOb.jpg
I’m sure that colour is too clean for oxidation, looks bright and beautiful!

Tonight I'm having the 3rd of my Beer52 selection, a Mikkeller IPA with black pepper. This is really rather good, at 5.8% there's a bit more depth of flavour and the spicing is about perfect, adding a little background complexity without being too obvious.
Z1Wlzng.jpg

I have that too
Was going to give it a miss but I may try it since you say it's good.

Other than that, Paulaner and William's.Bros craft lager today.

First beer of the day is a 6.4% Vienna IPA, hopped using Citra and Cascade. With thanks to @dan125.

Well carbonated and a lovely orange-tan colour. Quite hazy (Grrr). Nice hoppy aroma - mostly citrusy orange-grapefruit. Fairly dry, no astringency, quite strong but smooth bitterness, great hoppy flavours with a mild orange zest pithiness - reminds me a little of Equanot hops.

Unfortunately, it seems to be gone before I finished my tasting so I’ll have to ask Dan to sent me another dozen to finish off ;)

Beautiful beer Dan. As good as any commercial beer and better than many I’ve tried (that is quite a lot!).

View attachment 28714
Glad you liked it. My 1st time doing a (nearly) 100% Vienna beer, and I'd definitely brew it again

Curiosity got me. It's a nice enough IPA. If you gave me it blind though, I cant say hand on heart I'd pick up black pepper. Wel see how it progresses

Any more you will be commercial
Been 3 weeks since my last brew - gonna need to do a couple of quick turn around beers to keep the taps flowing - neipa tomorrow then maybe try out the CML kveik yeast 🤔

White Horse Luna FUCV (4%)

Really nice session pale ale, it’s fairly bitter, lightly carbonated, and just ideal for summer drinking.

Only downside is that White Horse seem to have chosen the worst 5L mini kegs possible, it takes 3-4 minutes to pour a pint.

Opening my account today with an @Hazelwood Brewery saison.
Right up my street as it has a restrained saison character. Slight spiciness in the aroma and a light peppery flavour.
I think I can pick out a subtle white grape/wine from the Nelson.
Bitterness is spot on for a saison and the dry finish makes it very easy drinking.
Have finished it whilst typing this 😁
Cheers
20200704_170027.jpg

Opening my account today with an @Hazelwood Brewery saison.
Right up my street as it has a restrained saison character. Slight spiciness in the aroma and a light peppery flavour.
I think I can pick out a subtle white grape/wine from the Nelson.
Bitterness is spot on for a saison and the dry finish makes it very easy drinking.
Have finished it whilst typing this 😁
Cheers
View attachment 28725
Sounds like it didn’t touch the sides! 😂

I’ve plenty more ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back