What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hazy Saison, just kegged a pale ale for Christmas
IMG_20231218_222908754.jpg

Bottled version of my Red. It’s a bit lively on the pour. I’m liking the extra roast a lot, the bitterness gives a nice bite and the caramel malts are spot on. The 2022 LAB iteration has lost its status as the reference recipe. This would do very well on CO2 as well as nitro.

View attachment 93465

Using the Dove's farm flour bag as a reference point I'm guessing the jar with creamy goo until very recently had a sourdough starter in it ?

Looks like the mixer they use on bake-off. I keep toying with the idea but I like doing the stretch and fold of bread dough by hand and the one time I made shortcrust pasty in the food processor I got a thumbs down from the judges :confused:

Using the Dove's farm flour bag as a reference point I'm guessing the jar with creamy goo until very recently had a sourdough starter in it ?

Looks like the mixer they use on bake-off. I keep toying with the idea but I like doing the stretch and fold of bread dough by hand and the one time I made shortcrust pasty in the food processor I got a thumbs down from the judges :confused:
Good spot. I’ve got a hand mixed 80% hydration whole meal sourdough retarding in the fridge. The mixer gets used for yeasty breads and other assorted kitchen fun, SD is strictly hands only!

Mine was nice..no floaters!
Email Salt,tell em you got a **** beer.
Last Christmas I had some very over carbed beers from somewhere that totally escapes my memory!!! But I emailed them using the correct terminology...ie. gushers,overcarbed,tried chilling etc ...two days later I had a box of beer in the post.

Greene King Icebreaker in cans.
Not had it for a while and it seems the hops have been dialled right back, no longer is it a hoppy American pale ale, you used to be able to actually identify the hops, particularly Mosaic and Simcoe. Suppose it was inevitable!

Previous rating 7/10
Current rating 4/10

Last edited:
IMG_2315.jpeg
Sickly almost tastes like Vanilla Coke, the worst part is that underneath it you can taste what seems to be a pretty decent stout, but I can’t face finishing this.

IMG_2316.jpeg
So I dumped it and had one of these instead which is a very solid Bitter, so faith in Little Ox somewhat restored as they clearly can brew decent beer when the want to.

Dimpled mug. Haven't seen one of those for a while.
Show us your dimples!

IMG_20231220_215757.jpg

I think they were considered a Southeners' thing.
These are ours from the early 80's.
Peculiar rule at the Cambridge folk festivals, you can't take glass into the arena, except official glasses bought at the bar marquee.
For I caution's sake I started by taking my lidded pewter pint pot, only to find glasses like these everywhere in the arena!
More recently I've taken it because it is appreciated by others and draws favourable comment. 🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back