What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this on tap at the moment and it is very nice not true to style Brewfather
I do like the CML Stoutly Mild kit that uses Roasted Barley like your recipe but not quite so sure on Treacle personaly. Of course that is rather the point of home-brewing you can make beer to be tailored to your own personal preference.

Another hazy, this time a guest one

Attachments

• 20231227_191446.jpg
    20231227_191446.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
i am going to leave the treacle out next time, it's not over powering but it adds to the bitterness, when i was a lot younger 15 ish we used to drink Chesters dark mild and i have loved mild ever since

I’m pretty certain the recipe was originally a Graham Wheeler one I slightly modified (but can’t remember which one), but it’s below if you’re curious.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1430135/dark-mild/478141
The Greg Hughes Recipe is also pretty good.

You are likely right, I like 6% IPA’s and 10% Imperial Stouts well enough but sometimes I like to be able to drink two or three pints and not wake up with a hangover.

Interesting recipe, just fuggles for the hops. I think I used Windsor yeast when I made mine which doesn't attenuate or flocculate as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back