What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Weinheinstephaner Wiessbier I picked up in Sainsburys and a few of my SNPA clone I'm working on. Happy Friday!

A Saaz hopped John Bull Traditional Ale, an Aurora hopped Wherry and a Coopers stout (again) with Aurora hops, coffee and cocoa powder, nice and bitter............Guess who's got tomorrow off?

I'm enjoying a Cascade SMASH, bottled around 3 months ago, crystal clear and sediment was packed down so tight I didn't have to leave any in the bottle :thumb:. Wife is on a Blackberry and Apple cider (apples from the garden tree) from the end of last summer.

A bottle of cobra! Got it free with a curry takeaway about 5 months ago and it's been in the fridge since. I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but I made a Thai green curry and it's hot saltiness had me craving a cold dryish beer. Bingo! Remembered it lurking in the fridge and I'm actually enjoying it!

A bottle of cobra! Got it free with a curry takeaway about 5 months ago and it's been in the fridge since. I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but I made a Thai green curry and it's hot saltiness had me craving a cold dryish beer. Bingo! Remembered it lurking in the fridge and I'm actually enjoying it!

Wow, Beer in my fridge is lucky to last five days let alone five months! Although it is a Cobra :lol:

Wow, Beer in my fridge is lucky to last five days let alone five months! Although it is a Cobra :lol:

Id never buy it, but it felt rude to turn it down when the guy gave it to me, but I knew I'd probably not get round it drinking it. Somehow it felt right tonight though.

Been drinking two different porters all eve. A stronger one about 5% very heavy on the chocolate malt and crystal and a weaker one about 4% made with wyeast 1469 very nice, quite fruity/estery

was labeling tonight and had a few as you do

a porter brewed back in august and a few pale ales.

def need a few when anything to do with bottles is involved

please don't disown me, but I had a bottle of m&s cava as an xmas prezzie - i think! (12%) and quickly realised why I don't drink that stuff, not a lot of depth of flavour :doh:

had to compensate with a bottle of abdij.......

aah... much better :whistle:

started with a glass and a half of a wow, purple grape,apple, peach, mango n passion fruit, very nice
Then moved onto red grape and apple n mango wow, one of the faves :thumb:

Decanted a bottle of Pea-Pod wine from last August, added a tad of genuine Cassis and presented it to SWMBO as a Kir before dinner.

Comment? "If you hadn't told me it was Pea-Pod I would have had to ask."

This is praise of the highest order coming from a lady whose first taste of this particular brew in November was "Ugh! Why did you make this? All I can taste is pea-pods." (I made it because many years ago a mate made some that tasted like a fine Sauterne and I found a recipe for Pea-pod Wine in a book last August!)

I have two 500ml bottles left so A) They will now be kept for the full year at least. and B) When peas are back in season I will be making more of the same; this time a full 15 litre batch which will not be touched for at least a year!

Off for a pint of Marsh Mild.

No home brew so drinking Guinness West Indies Porter, Chocolate Stout and a American Pale Ale. Good times.

you poor thing :-o

I'm drinking too much.......

just opened a bottle of night talk. may have to do the maths to decide if I can drive tomorrow or have to take the train :-?

Anyone else on here a BeerBods subscriber?

Well, Thursday night is BeerBods night so last night's drinking menu was:

Williams Brothers, Caesar Augustus - Lager/IPA hybrid at 4.1%, crisp and refreshing with a brilliant hop aroma and bitterness. Really balanced. Matched really nicely with the Thai Green Curry :grin:

The BeerBods beer was Dark Star, Hophead - session strength 3.8% light golden hoppy ale. Loads of floral/elderflower hops (all American hop bill though) good citrus and bitterness. Bottle was pretty fizzy, which helped in keeping it from being too sticky and sweet. Very good example of this type of beer.

Finished the night with a Cloudwater, Autumn Range IPA - holy mother of mercy, this is a beer! Got it cheap because the 'Enjoy by date' was January 2016. If this is a month past it's best, I would shudder to think how good it was fresh. Bang on. Up there with Buxton Axe Edge (nearly!). The New Zealand hops give it such a sharp zingy grape like character whilst still being absolutely packed full of tropical juicy and citrus flavours and aromas with enough sweetness and bitterness to make it precisely balanced and moorish. Cloudwater are absolute gods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back