What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant to add that before that I’ve just sampled my kit tweak of a Coopers Ozzie pale ale with Citra chinook Simcoe & mosaic. It’s only been in the bottle a week , however it’s going to be fab imo! Real orange pith & zest on the nose hits you instantly with a nice bitter finish. 18 Ltrs bottled. Next one in 3 weeks time I predict. Cheers

All commercial for me, it's been a **** festive period between one thing and another so haven't drunk much at all. My only homebrew is an oatmeal stout so was always going to buy this year. The first 2 I had of that were severely disappointing, so will leave them longer before having more and possibly drain it if still not good.

From top to bottom in pic below is what was in stock (Rosa, Galaxy Mosaic, and Perspective have been drunk over Xmas). The Galaxy Mosaic probably the best so far.

Neon Raptor Centaur Army imperial stout, 14%,
Pollys Brew Co Like A Ghost imperial battenburg stout 10%,
Wander Beyond Scoop imperial Black mint choc chip IPA 11%,
Unhuman cannonball triple IPA 11% (500ml),
Neo Human Cannonball NE DIPA 9.2% (500ml),
Pollys Brew Co Galaxy Mos aic IPA 6.5%,
Pollys Rosa DIPA 8.5%,
Verdant / Buxton matters of perspective IPA 6.6%,
Verdant your limitation its only your imagination DIPA 8%.

Attachments

• IMG_20191221_162132.jpg
    IMG_20191221_162132.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 102
All commercial for me, it's been a **** festive period between one thing and another so haven't drunk much at all. My only homebrew is an oatmeal stout so was always going to buy this year. The first 2 I had of that were severely disappointing, so will leave them longer before having more and possibly drain it if still not good.

From top to bottom in pic below is what was in stock (Rosa, Galaxy Mosaic, and Perspective have been drunk over Xmas). The Galaxy Mosaic probably the best so far.

Neon Raptor Centaur Army imperial stout, 14%,
Pollys Brew Co Like A Ghost imperial battenburg stout 10%,
Wander Beyond Scoop imperial Black mint choc chip IPA 11%,
Unhuman cannonball triple IPA 11% (500ml),
Neo Human Cannonball NE DIPA 9.2% (500ml),
Pollys Brew Co Galaxy Mos aic IPA 6.5%,
Pollys Rosa DIPA 8.5%,
Verdant / Buxton matters of perspective IPA 6.6%,
Verdant your limitation its only your imagination DIPA 8%.
Verdant is one of my favourite breweries what did you think of them ? Happy new year ! acheers.

Verdant is one of my favourite breweries what did you think of them ? Happy new year ! acheers.
I haven't had many Verdant, sometimes not for want of looking for them... I like Bloom and think I have had Headband. I wanted to get their single hop Galaxy DIPA but couldn't justify the price tag tbh. Those 9 cost me over 50 quid! I enjoyed the collab, I will have the DIPA later I expect, cheers mate, you too!

Adehs American amber ale i purchased from the malt miller. It’s an all grain kit, can’t remember the recipe as it’s all written down! But it’s a lovely beer, quite hoppy and very strong in ABV.... it’s over 7%. It’s been in one of my corny kegs for 3 weeks and has cleared up a treat. Definitely would brew this again for sure

Attachments

• F05C81FE-9362-41EB-98BA-49C2BD800A94.jpeg
    F05C81FE-9362-41EB-98BA-49C2BD800A94.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 90
What's it like
Thick velvet pour. Black hole black in colour, no head but a few dark brown bubbles. Very boozy, bourbon, burnt caramel and dark chocolate. I personally love it... But you have to appreciate heavy hitting stouts (13%+) to like this I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back