What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeastie Boys Gunnamatta Earl Grey IPA. You can really taste the bergamot.

8/10

Just found out what "bergamot" is ... :thumb:

... and at the same time discovered that it has "Conservation status: Critically Endangered" which apparently means that in the wild it is in danger of extinction!

Discover something interesting one minute ... :thumb: :thumb:

... then worry about using it the next! :doh: :doh:

What a wonderful world is the world of brewing!

PS

Finished off the last of the Youngs Harvest Lager tonight. Half "Boo hoo!" and half "Thank goodness!"

I'm sure there must be plenty of places producing "farmed" bergamot. Its the principal ingredient of Earl Grey tea, so the chattering classes would be up in arms otherwise.

Anyway, it was a 6.5% IPA and it slipped down a treat. I got it in my monthly craft brew subscription. Will definitely look out for it though.

Just finished the valentines meal with SWMBO, and knocked back a bottle of Bayerisch Nizza. It's an absolutely stonking wheat pale ale, honestly one of ( if not maybe the best I've had) the best wheat beers I've tasted. nice that it gives the list of hops used too, which are; Perle, Citra, Centennial and Chinnok.

image.jpg

After 7 pints of Guinness last night during the rugby I said I wouldn't be drinking for a week or two but the wife convinced me to have one with her. Adnams Crystal Rye, not bad, first time I have tried it.

Anything I can lay my hands on. Before I do/say something to the house guests from beyond and below the deepest pit Beelzebub has ever been scared to visit.

Banks's Bitter (it's the cheapest beer in the Co-op) and some Cooper's homebrew lager.
I'm still waiting on my first conditioning BIAB AG and I have to go buy beer in the meantime!
It's funny though, I never really drank Banks's bitter as I used to drink the mild and then went off it and tended not to drink any Banks's stuff for quite a long time.
Now I really like the Bitter and it's reasonably priced (being local).
Has my tastes changed or will I drink anything now? :-?

I've just picked up a few Clouwater DIPA v2 from Cotteridge, so I'll be having one of them in the next couple of days :D

Banks's Bitter (it's the cheapest beer in the Co-op) and some Cooper's homebrew lager.
I'm still waiting on my first conditioning BIAB AG and I have to go buy beer in the meantime!
It's funny though, I never really drank Banks's bitter as I used to drink the mild and then went off it and tended not to drink any Banks's stuff for quite a long time.
Now I really like the Bitter and it's reasonably priced (being local).
Has my tastes changed or will I drink anything now? :-?

Banks's Bitter seems to be dirt cheap everywhere. It's not much more than a pound in Tesco's and I'm a distance from the Midlands. I'm not sure how (or why) it's so cheap as it's more than drinkable!

In my fear of running out of bottles when it comes to bottling the next two batches (45 litres worth) I purchased 12 x 500ml bottles from Wilco for �£8.

Yesterday in Lidl I saw Hobby Horse beer in 500ml bottles selling for 99p each so I did the maths;

o 12 x 500ml bottles full of beer = £11.88

o 12 x 500ml empty bottle = £8.00

That equals 6 litres of beer for £3.88!

So, at the moment I am drinking Hobby Horse ...

... but I am also seriously considering buying some more empty bottles from Wilco! :whistle: :whistle:

must say at present im liking the 660ml bottles of san miguel at £1.25 from tesco.....saves time bottling ..which is a godsend..

must say at present im liking the 660ml bottles of san miguel at ��£1.25 from tesco.....saves time bottling ..which is a godsend..

I thought '660ml' but I don't have a 660ml glass so how to pour in one go to not disturb the yeast???

Aha - place straw in glass and as filling glass in one pour start sucking beer up the straw :rofl:

I thought '660ml' but I don't have a 660ml glass so how to pour in one go to not disturb the yeast???

Aha - place straw in glass and as filling glass in one pour start sucking beer up the straw :rofl:

As a beer drinker surely u have a stein or 2..

Failing that a steady hand and a good slurp..

must say at present im liking the 660ml bottles of san miguel at ��£1.25 from tesco.....saves time bottling ..which is a godsend..

WOW! That's even cheaper than Lidl - and I'll get Tesco Points as well. :thumb:

Not keen on lager but at that price it's worth 'suffering' just for the bottles .... :whistle: :whistle:

Just depends.

Spirits - always. (At the moment the GBP v. Euro exchange rate is making it cheaper to buy in the UK!!)

Wines - mostly. (For reds and whites from France even with the ���£/€ rates makes them much better value and I home brew the "exotics" like the ones in my signature.)

Beer - never. (But at the moment I am on a "bottle drive" so anything drinkable will get my vote if it's presented in a 500ml or bigger brown bottle that can be re-capped or has a flip-top.) :thumb:

So how many of you guys base your drinks choices on price?

Never.

I drink what I like rather than what I can afford. And If I can't afford what I like I'll go without rather that drink cheap piz.

I did pay 10 euros for a 330ml bottle of westvleteren 12 to try it. It was really nice but St. bernadus abt12 was just as nice and a 1/3 to 1/4 of the price so no contest really.

I'm in brum next week on a course and no doubt i'll end up in the post office vaults or brewdog. Neither of which can be called cheap but ohhh what quality.

:grin:

Never.

I drink what I like rather than what I can afford. And If I can't afford what I like I'll go without rather that drink cheap piz.

I did pay 10 euros for a 330ml bottle of westvleteren 12 to try it. It was really nice but St. bernadus abt12 was just as nice and a 1/3 to 1/4 of the price so no contest really.

I'm in brum next week on a course and no doubt i'll end up in the post office vaults or brewdog. Neither of which can be called cheap but ohhh what quality.

:grin:

Quality not quantity. Unless I'm in poor company, then for some reason, the two reverse.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back