What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of a terrible day!

I had just finished a few pints of Coopers Lager to celebrate the life of an old schoolmate who was cremated today ...

IMG_0889.jpg

... when I received the news that an old workmate had died; so I decided to move on to Glenfiddich.

IMG_0890.jpg

The schoolmate had been a diabetic for the last 35 years or so and always asserted that he had "never abused" his diabetes.

This always had me in stitches because I well remember occasions when he said "Nip up and get us another pint." and used the time it took me to fetch it to inject himself with insulin!

Happy Days remembered!

After just seeing what they have on at Heaton Hops I think I'm on my way to Stockport.
Cream Team Space Food Cotton Candy Space Cookie Piña Colada Double Milkshake IPA

Drinking an Anchor Steam, one of my favourites that I hadn’t had in some time. Clean and crisp, balance of malt and bitterness. Perfect.

Still low stocks...a turbo cider or two and a first try of GH saison,bottled 4 weeks ..quite cold from the shed but I'm getting some better aroma and taste after letting it warm up a bit but needs longer in the bottle I think.

A bottle of Dupont Moinette Ambree. 8.5%. After the initial alcohol hit, and some warming up, it got better. Nice brew.

Followed by Loch Lomond Inchmurrin 12 year old.

A good night all round

2q1ud6t.jpg

Tektonik's Dizzy IPA Americana from Slovenia. Fairly medium body with piney hop flavour. Not too much aroma but pleasant enough.

Bottle conditioned i assume from the sediment left at the bottom of the bottle.

In Lidl in Ireland at the moment for 2.50 or thereabouts.

On the bottle it says something along the lines of 'contains sediment, shake gently before opening' which is a little different perhaps?

Last night I had a glass of the Churchill Nut Brown ale that I did. Great head but must admit not the best drink I have ever had. For me it is a bit too bitter. I tried to sweeten it up a little with a bit of raw sugar in the glass and juice. This makes it slightly better but still goes gown a bit hard. Not too sure that the remaining 8 bottles will be used before I leave Australia for the UK.

Attachments

• 852901402_269648.jpg
    852901402_269648.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 65
A few Trumans Waterloo Sunset. Wouldnt normally go gor this - its an english ale brewed with Belgian ingredients and Aussie hops (Ella, Vic Secret). I actually quite enjoyed it, nice and refreshing
20181002_140800.jpg

Vocation life and death cheap as chips from Morrisons and actualy very good. The teku glass was the biggest bargain though on offer for £2
DSC_1412.JPG

I picked this waffle and blueberry stout up in a Tesco’s on my way back from a client meeting.

A special collab with the yeastie boys vs Vocation and actually as an “expierence beer” it’s not all that bad.

Attachments

• 4C383CA3-9365-42C2-96C9-5455CEEE4BAB.jpeg
    4C383CA3-9365-42C2-96C9-5455CEEE4BAB.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 65
I’ve spent quite a lot of cash on beer recently, and can’t brew until I move house (so probably at least another month). I’m now trying to buy decent beer “on the cheap”. Last night was the first night of me and the Mrs both being off work (I’ve been off all week) so we had a drink last night when kids were in bed.

I bought a 4 pack of Dead Pony Club and haven’t had it in years. Either the beer or my taste buds have changed. It still has lovely aroma, but is much sweeter and less bitter than I remember so I was a little disappointed - it just seemed a bit unbalanced to me.

I’ll manage the other 2 cans tonight but might stock up on the Tesco offer on multipack cans of Camden Pale which (although now owned by ABInbev) is a much nicer beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back