What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
California common clone. Never really cleared properly and I added the aroma hops too early. None the less it tastes and looks good with great head retention.

Attachments

• IMG_2214.JPG
    IMG_2214.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 65
3.9% Session Pale Ale with Magnum and Citra out of the corny. Was supposed to be packing the campervan but got distracted :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180927_205518.jpg
    IMG_20180927_205518.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 76
A bit of everything, most of it not nearly ready but my first go at AG is pretty close and has got my hooked already :) One thing that deserves a mention though, Guinness's Rockshore "Irish Larger". I'm taking their word for it that there's alcohol in this 'cos it's the closest thing to alcoholic fizzy water I've ever tasted, sure to be a big hit :/

Cloudwater parkin stout it's like chewing on a 10% slice of gingery heaven, some of you southerners probably never had a the pleasure of the sticky sweet ginger treat. Makes me want to go outside and light a bonfire.

Hmmmm! Parkin! You need clean fingers to eat it 'cos for sure you will want to lick them afterwards!

Cloudwater parkin stout it's like chewing on a 10% slice of gingery heaven, some of you southerners probably never had a the pleasure of the sticky sweet ginger treat. Makes me want to go outside and light a bonfire. View attachment 15788

Just got myself a can,£5.40 in my local shop, not bad at all. Even Cloudwater has sold out so been lucky
Just hoping its not to fresh ginger tasting, I like parking, ginger biscuits etc but don't dig on fresh ginger.

I thought it was. brown ale, is it more of a stout, I hope so

Just got myself a can,£5.40 in my local shop, not bad at all. Even Cloudwater has sold out so been lucky
Just hoping its not to fresh ginger tasting, I like parking, ginger biscuits etc but don't dig on fresh ginger.

I thought it was. brown ale, is it more of a stout, I hope so
Yeah it's more of a stout a bit thin I think I was already half cut when I had this, 10%er finished me off woke up on the settee at 2.30

Tickets please new england dipa, manual brewing Co. A little bitter for the style but well balanced with the sweetness. I can't complain SWMBO phoned me at work and said I might aswell go to the pub, she won't be home till later the food in here is way better than what I get at home. :thumba:
DSC_1406.JPG

A8C7DA08-6730-49F4-8589-F66CF6EDDBED.jpeg
I’ve run out of homebrew! I have most of my Dubbel left but it still needs conditioning so trying not to drink too much of it, and can’t brew again until after I move house!

I took a trip to my local microbrewery’s (71 Brewing in Dundee) bottle shop and picked up a selection for tonight and tomorrow:
Rochefort 10 (to have with my Dubbel tomorrow) and 3 APA/IPAs for tonight:
  • 71 and Abandon Ship (a local clothing company) collaboration for Dundee’s gay pride event last week, a hazy APA
  • 71 Mandarina Sky - my “usual” from them, they call it a NEIPA but it’s definitely more of an APA IMO. Lovely and hoppy
  • Barney Beer Cloudburst NEIPA

Hmm, never seen their beer before. It obviously doesn't get south of the tay :)
They are getting bigger but their target market is still pretty local.

Their core range is pretty dull (although the pilsner is a cracker) but their seasonal/special beers are a bit more exciting.

Now drinking the strawberry milkshake ipa, a thornbridge and fourpour colab. Oh my days this is nice. Really nice. Smells just like result cut strawberries, tastes like strawberries and cream. So smooth. I need this recipe. It said it's made with fresh strawberries and vanilla extract, surprisingly it's very pale and not red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back