What are you listening to tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ears are bleeding 😢. On holiday in Tenerife and just suffered an Elton John tribute. Elton has poor intonation now, although some of his songs a fab. I had to walk out after Singing the Blues.
Arghhh

I agree. Elton John’s voice now is a shadow of what it was. In the days of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road he was absolutely fantastic.
With that said, I would think a good tribute artist might well be the best way to hear his songs being performed live these days!

I agree. Elton John’s voice now is a shadow of what it was. In the days of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road he was absolutely fantastic.
With that said, I would think a good tribute artist might well be the best way to hear his songs being performed live these days!
That's what we thought!!
Anyway...tonight it's Comedy Elvis??? Another one to give a miss to lol
On the upside the local canaries larger is going down a treat. No special but its hot here.

Another cover that’s better than the original. The second Hammond organ solo (around 2.50) takes me back almost 30 years when psychedelic music and ‘jazz’ cigarettes played a big part in my weekend chill time.

Just watched the Sky Arts doc on ‘Morrison Hotel’. I’m a massive music nerd and even bigger Doors fan, watching the surviving members talk about the album and play a couple of tracks in the studio was amazing. But watching the album’s engineer Bruce Botnik play the mixing desk with the same level of musicality that Manzarek, Krieger and Densmore exude was actually humbling.
Half of my next brew day sound track is sorted, here’s my favourite song off this album.

Just listening to AccuRadio's progressive stream and Zappa'a Pro-Jama People came on. I said to myself "What the eff is that carp?" by the time I'd got the screen up and found the skip button I was so impressed I ordered the album to give it a proper listening to. Can recommend the music stream, there's some great stuff "Gentle Giant" is strutting his stuff at the moment- don't think I'll be looking for a copy of Octopus, but it's nice to hear "River" just once.

Unfortunately I only ever had Zappa on CD and I don’t have a CD player any more. So, going with this now instead.

IMG_1933.jpeg

Just watched the Sky Arts doc on ‘Morrison Hotel’. I’m a massive music nerd and even bigger Doors fan, watching the surviving members talk about the album and play a couple of tracks in the studio was amazing. But watching the album’s engineer Bruce Botnik play the mixing desk with the same level of musicality that Manzarek, Krieger and Densmore exude was actually humbling.
Half of my next brew day sound track is sorted, here’s my favourite song off this album.
Great album and great song.
My particular favourite on this album is Land Ho!

Back