What brewing related items would you want for xmas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
As per title really, what brewing related items would you like for xmas :hmm:

Me, I'd like a couple of Reich Twin pumps, maybe a few bits from Brewers Hardware and above all some motivation to brew :lol: :oops:

I have pointed out several times today to the SWMBO the Bulldog Evil Dog double IPA with the subtle hint of "I want that for Christmas" lol :lol:

Already know mine, my son and daughter are paying for us to have a Eurostar break in Bruges, joint birthday and Christmas present. I can handle that.

I think I'll ask for the pid I want. Hopefully I'll be able to build it while I'm off over Christmas.

What do I want for Christmas that's brewing related? Now that is a really good question and one that I have been asked. The answer is the hard part. If money were no object, then an extension on the house to accommodate a purpose built brewery, with integral cellar and fermentation room, all clad in insulated grp walls with temperature controlled rooms. But alas we haven't won the lottery this year, so it's back to mere mortal wishes. First up would be stop buying stuff. Well that would be SWMBO's choice :lol: But my choice would be a Brewtroller DX1. I'm hoping someone was listening to me. :hmm:

I wasn't after much as she'd bought me the Cascade hop plants for a wedding anniversary present last month but she insisted on knowing what I wanted for Xmas so I asked SWMBO for a bench capper. :pray: It arrived Thursday as I had to sign for it. :thumb: Shame I've got 18 litres to bottle before Xmas day. :(
Graham

I would like something quite simple lol

I would like a recipe for a wine that tastes like Chardonnay,

But of cause i wouldnt turn down any wine making equipment or wine kits lol.

Dave

the weather to clear so i can build my garden room/brewery and give it a proper home

she so far has agreed just need sanata to bring me some bricks and motar and a building book ;)

and a decent sparge arm

I asked for another corny off the parents and got my wish :). Sadly have to wait till the 25th to have it :(

Have dropped hints that I want a nice big pot for extract and BIAB but who knows.

In a sort of brewing way I know I'm having all the Trappist beers off of beer hawk.

brewing vouchers have been requested by the Abester, I'm quite happy with my setup as it is, was thinking of going to 40 litres but it would mean getting a new boiler and mashtun and to be honest it would take me forever to get through 40 litres of beer. I'm down to my last 6 or 7kg of marris otter and brewing this friday so vouchers will be here just in time for a new year order! will need to stock up cascade, centennial,amarillo, simcoe. Hope Santa is good to you all!

iceo said:
a brew shed/man cave/kid and mrs free zone. :pray:

Got one of those - nearly finished, power gets connected tuesday. Mrs is getting me a new FV and barrel and I've been collecting bottles ready for a return to brewing after a 5 year gap

Interesting ideas chaps - what I want for Christmas that is brewing related is not something you can buy :(

1) Some time to brew :lol:
2) Some enthusiasm to clean out all my cornies and brew fridge
3) Some more time to work on my Braumeister-a-like

bobsbeer said:
But my choice would be a Brewtroller DX1.

Thanks for posting that Bob, I've not seen that before - looks interesting :cool:

Brewing corner, and equipment for boiler based BIAB.

and for good luck, as some of my recent brews have sucked :(

Well she let slip my hints were heard but instead of the 50l pot I was after, she went mad and got me a 70l one. :nah: :clap:

Now all I need is:
Biab bag.
Secondary FV.
Block & tackle, or a course of Nandrolome injections to help me pull the thing.
Assorted containers and pans.
Wort chiller.
Big sieve.
Brew fridge.
Cornie.
Gas bottle and assorted pipes/dials
Number of an affordable cleaning company to sort the kitchen afterwards.

Did i miss anything?

Then, next year for my birthday...
Brew shed.
Ground worker.
Electrician.
Plumber.
Gas fitter
Extraction engineer
And a Shiny suit like the volcanologists wear.

Oh and a smoke alarm.

Lovely hobby, this. :cheers:

Goat Boy said:
Well she let slip my hints were heard but instead of the 50l pot I was after, she went mad and got me a 70l one. :nah: :clap:

Now all I need is:
Biab bag.
Secondary FV.
Block & tackle, or a course of Nandrolome injections to help me pull the thing.
Assorted containers and pans.
Wort chiller.
Big sieve.
Brew fridge.
Cornie.
Gas bottle and assorted pipes/dials
Number of an affordable cleaning company to sort the kitchen afterwards.

Did i miss anything?

Then, next year for my birthday...
Brew shed.
Ground worker.
Electrician.
Plumber.
Gas fitter
Extraction engineer
And a Shiny suit like the volcanologists wear.

Oh and a smoke alarm.

Lovely hobby, this. :cheers:

Glad you don't want much.

Back