What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22 litres Hoegaarden
2500g Pilsner malt
1500g Wheat Malt
250g Torrefied wheat
400g Flaked corn
200g Rolled oats
25g EKG 60 minutes
15g Tettnang 15 minutes
CML Wheatbeer yeast
OG 1046

Made a chocolate stout a couple of weeks ago, just came out the fermenter at the weekend and added some lactose to it. Got another brew on the go as well - a Punk IPA clone (basically the brewdog recipe they publish). Came out delicious last time and ran out pretty quick so decided to get some more on the go. Only downside is I've had to order about 20 quids worth of hops to replace what I used - ridiculous amount of hops in it, but it's so worth it!

youtube vid here of my Chocolate Stout session (with a Robobew/Brewzilla for anyone interested)-

A look in the box and see what I can brew from what I have left. Waiting on an order.
3.5kg pilsner
500g pale ale malt
800 g Vienna
500g of flaked barely
200g crystal 40
100g carapils
150g acid malt

Hops will be
125g sabro
100g Amarillo
50g cashmere

Pia yeast

Thats my stock empty

A look in the box and see what I can brew from what I have left. Waiting on an order.
3.5kg pilsner
500g pale ale malt
800 g Vienna
500g of flaked barely
200g crystal 40
100g carapils
150g acid malt

Hops will be
125g sabro
100g Amarillo
50g cashmere

Pia yeast

Thats my stock empty
Amarillo and Cashmere sounds kind of delicious

Brewed up another hoppy hazy pale/neipa yesterday, trying out the bru-1 hops for the first time. They did smell good out of the bag but possibly not as intense as I was expecting.

Using a bottle of Pia yeast saved from the last batch and it's off to a flyer within 12 hours at 18C clapa
Screenshot_20200424-053731.jpg

20200423_170556.jpg

20200424_053144.jpg

acheers.

My favourite

5.5kg pale malt
1 kg special X
handful of black malt
250g porridge oats
Oat husks (Robobrew)
30 g Brambling cross 60
30g EKG 30
30g Fuggles fo
T58

Started yesterday and fermenting nicely now.

All done...missed OG by 4 points but not too bothered. Nice clear wort,smells and tastes good...pitched the MJ Bavarian yeast at 24,it's stopping in the kitchen worktop this one as my brew fridge and heatpad are occupied.

At last! Got a brew going...GH Weiss bier from the Bible...nice and easy...and hopefully ready soon.
Brewed this one back in November and have just a few bottles left but typically it's now at its best :roll: I am going to make it my next brew as I'm enjoying it so much at the moment. May put some kaffir lime leaves in for a twist :?:

First brew day since New Year’s Eve. What a disgrace. I made 15 litres of a lemon and lime witbier. 50% Pilsner and 50% flaked wheat to an OG of 1.046. Small addition of saaz at 60 minutes and 25g of lemondrop plus two lemons and two limes at flameout. Fermenting with MJ Belgian Wit yeast M21

Bottled. Finished at 1.012 for 4.5% ABV. Little bit of lemon and lime if you really look for it but if I didn’t know it was there it wouldn’t jump out at me. But that’s not a bad thing with a decent amount of yeast character. Pretty promising

Did my first ever overnight mash on a 23ltrs of a Dark Mild
Got a lot more effeciency as more gravity,
so looks like this is the way forward for my brewing.

Back