What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was supposed to be.. Eff 73% SG 1.036 ended up with 91% SG 1.041
so too stong for the class but not liquoring back I'd end up with more than
I can drink lol

IMG_20200426_142737.jpg

Massive fermentation...put a couple of boxes of malt on top to try and keep the lid on but it's still bursting out...been out for a couple of hours came back it was all over the work top and floor!
It's started making popping noises now!

Last edited:
Run out of grain and the weather is gonna be too warm for me soon, so just a kit for me this afternoon. The last 'brew' I'll do for about 4 or 5 months.

Brewferm Belgium Dubbel.
I'm hoping it'll be conditioned nicely by Christmas, we'll see :)

All done...missed OG by 4 points but not too bothered. Nice clear wort,smells and tastes good...pitched the MJ Bavarian yeast at 24,it's stopping in the kitchen worktop this one as my brew fridge and heatpad are occupied.
Put a padlock on that. The yeast tried to strangle me last time I used it :laugh8:

Brewed a Blonde Brut(e) ish kind of thing a la @MyQul with lager malt and all C hops. Added a tiny bit of wheat malt for head and a smidge of caramalt just for colour. Using youngs lager yeast but just brewing at whatever temperature the warehouse floor imparts, probably around 14ish I would think. Bang on 1.036 as predicted, but made about 3 litres extra so my efficiency must have improved somewhat.
Also threw 10litres of ginger beer on. Never made it before, didn't have any Cof T, but put some yeast nutrient in, hopefully that'll be ok.

Maybe 10ml (I’ll let you know!). Add it at barrelling / bottling.

I kegged the plum porter at the weekend and tried it this morning, mostly to check whether the pressure in the King Keg was at the right level - it was fine.

CE2461B5-E743-4A4E-9844-D51FC449ADCF.jpeg

The new plum flavouring I’m trying is definitely superior to Uncle Roy’s in my view. Uncle Roy’s seems to me to have an intense aroma but also quite a strong chemical tang and not a lot of plum flavour. The aroma and flavour from “Special Ingredients” is far more natural.

In the end I used 15ml of flavouring for a 23 litre batch and I think it might be about right. The beer has been conditioning for only two days so it could all change over the next few weeks, I’ll keep you posted.

If you do decide to give it a try, go to the Special Ingredients web site. Amazon charge £9.95, Special Ingredients own price is £6.95.

I kegged the plum porter at the weekend and tried it this morning, mostly to check whether the pressure in the King Keg was at the right level - it was fine.

View attachment 25065

The new plum flavouring I’m trying is definitely superior to Uncle Roy’s in my view. Uncle Roy’s seems to me to have an intense aroma but also quite a strong chemical tang and not a lot of plum flavour. The aroma and flavour from “Special Ingredients” is far more natural.

In the end I used 15ml of flavouring for a 23 litre batch and I think it might be about right. The beer has been conditioning for only two days so it could all change over the next few weeks, I’ll keep you posted.

If you do decide to give it a try, go to the Special Ingredients web site. Amazon charge £9.95, Special Ingredients own price is £6.95.
The difference in price is the postage. Amazon is free delivery special ingredients is 6.95 plus 2.95 pounds delivery. Same price if your only ordering the one bottle.
I am going to give this a go then maybe try the coconut

Back