What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
700ml...thats over a pint!
Way less than a Darwin Stubby.
1604905677889.png

@Nidger you need one of these ...

View attachment 35253

... and a £1 Turkey Baster from Tesco to draw the sample from the FV. (Luckily the "Turkey Baster Season" starts pretty soon.)

It also gives you a preview as to what the brew may finally taste like; but don't be disheartened if the first taste is terrible. Some of my best brews have started off tasting a bit "iffy" at the OG or FG stages.

Enjoy!

Haha, I've got a trial jar, there's a turkey baster somewhere in the kitchen.
I had meant to buy one for home brew but forgot and to be honest I'm not that bothered about faffing about with readings.
I put sugar in, it ferments so i know it has alcohol 😁

The raspberry cider i bottled yesterday tasted nice straight away 👍

Oh and I've edited the post to remove duplicate pics,
Was a bit drunk yesterday 😂

Cheers 🍻

Currently brewing my latest version of a Belgian Pale with EKG earlier in the boil and Saaz later and in the whirlpool. Using imperial Gnome yeast which I believe is the same as wyeast Ardennes. Found out on brewfather app you can share a link of the recipe. The screen shots of my brew sheet always looked low quality so I would be interested to know from anyone who isn't a brewfather user if this recipe link is viewable if you don't have brewfather app. I'm hoping it will as it's a web-based app I believe.
https://share.brewfather.app/VeYYhmSpwD9ATz

12 litres of Saison
2200g Pilsner
400g Munich
200g Wheat
100g Biscuit
60g honey to the boil.
25g EKG @ 60m
20g Saaz @ 15m
CML Saison yeast @ 24C
OG 1051 BHE 65%

That's my aim for next year to start looking at water adjustments. I just go with the recipe you showed me. 200g acid malt plus a teaspoon of gypsum for hoppy style beers. Thats about the height of my knowledge 😄😄
I thought you were going to have a tinkle on @strange-steve water calculator.

A micro-batch stout 5L
900g Maris otter
300g flaked barley
100g crystal
75g roasted barley
50g chocolate malt
Starter captured and grown from a Drone Valley imperial stout (a lovely stout that a local brewery produces - I drink loads of it)

Bubbling away nicely already

my brewhouse efficiency is rubbish, only 60-65%. Need to work on that. Still learning and sticking with very small batches for now.

Just 6 litres of plain starter wort so as to build up some yeast proper job dregs as I'm going to give this a try, plus I have a small starter that needs built up for an out of date WHC Funky pineapple liquid yeast that I shall try to resurrect.
The joys of night-shift and not sleeping properly put to good use.

Latest posts

Back