What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started on brewing a saison with a diastatic abbey yeast (MJ M31). Since January I brew in pieces, mash one evening, boil next evening, cooling overnight, then pitching the third evening.

Mashing:
IMG_4578 copy.jpg

Sparge liquor:
IMG_4579.jpg

Filtering tun:
IMG_4580.jpg

Bits and pieces:
IMG_4581.jpg

23ltr of Cooper's Australian lager with 500g of spray malt and 500g of sugar.
Nearly left the stirring spoon in lol.

23ltr of beaverdale merlot.

Haven't brewed lately and running out due to being off work since my dad passed away recently and been drowning my sorrows.
Thought I'd give myself a kick up the arsè and get busy.

Last edited:
I brewed 23 litres of APA on Friday, and a dark wheat on Saturday. Annoyingly, the tube heater in my fermenting fridge is on the fritz and I'm struggling to keep the APA at 20 celcius. The wheat is in my Fermzilla Allrounder, which'll be my first time doing a pressurised fermentation so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I brewed 23 litres of APA on Friday, and a dark wheat on Saturday. Annoyingly, the tube heater in my fermenting fridge is on the fritz and I'm struggling to keep the APA at 20 celcius. The wheat is in my Fermzilla Allrounder, which'll be my first time doing a pressurised fermentation so I'm excited to see how it turns out.
Did you start fermenting under pressure from the beginning or apply pressure after day 3 for example?

Just set the mash for a pale with Opus hops. I dont think anyone has used them on here yet, or at least reviewed?

Mashing in a hazy IPA
3kg Maris otter
2kg extra pale Maris otter
500g wheat
500g flaked torrified wheat

100g each of mosiac lupomax, citra and centennial. Whirlpool and dry hop
Water treated with calcium chloride and CRS. Used Steve's simple water treatment.

Yeast is M44, that's all I have in stock. I would normally use Pia yeast

Right from the start. Elemental Brewing on YouTube did an 8 day grain to glass lager, fermented under pressure with SL 34/70 and it didn't smell like farts so I'm hopeful that this works out too :)
Will be interesting to know the results, I've done a 7 day wheat in the pinter, which i thought it was good.

Then did a 2 week wheat using the slurry and it wasnt as good, could be the yeast changed from the 1st but I also changed the water profile. Next I'll try the 1st few days with no pressure to see how it works.

I've done a 2 week Helles in the pinter and it was surprisingly v.good. I've an amber lager on the go which I'll turn around in 2 weeks too.

I’m doing my second brew in less than a week today. A Hobgoblin Gold clone which will hopefully be the first beer through my new Pint365. It’s also become a bit of a user-upper since I’m getting to the dregs of my Crafty Malts (although I still have my £15 25kg bag of MO to open)

3.9kg Crafty Pops Ale Malt
200g Crafty Lager malt
425g wheat

10g Magnum 60mins
20g Nelson and 20g citra 5mins
20g Nelson and 20g citra flameout

Ferment with Liberty Bell.

No problems...
3.8kg pale
250g Munich
200g wheat
100g torrified wheat
200g carapils
Mash 65 for 60
Boil 60
Magnum 15g @ 60
Citra,centennial,cascade 11g,13g,13g @ 15.
20g each flame out 80c
23g citra,63g cent,50g cascade dry hop
MJ West Coast yeast.
OG 1.043
FG 1.011
40 IBU
ABV 4.2%

No problems...
3.8kg pale
250g Munich
200g wheat
100g torrified wheat
200g carapils
Mash 65 for 60
Boil 60
Magnum 15g @ 60
20g each flame out 80c
MJ West Coast yeast.
OG 1.043
FG 1.011
40 IBU
ABV 4.2%
Merci mon ami 🍺

A batch of Hazelwood‘s Summer Breeze, I think something must have gone slightly wrong as the wort looks significantly darker than previous batches that combined with higher than expected efficiency (73% instead of 62%) means I’m not sure how this is going to come out, with an OG of 1.056 I suspect this will be over 6%.

That said part of me thinks you can’t go wrong with lots of Galaxy and Citra so fingers crossed it will turn out well in the end.

No problems...
3.8kg pale
250g Munich
200g wheat
100g torrified wheat
200g carapils
Mash 65 for 60
Boil 60
Magnum 15g @ 60
20g each flame out 80c
MJ West Coast yeast.
OG 1.043
FG 1.011
40 IBU
ABV 4.2%
I’ve being seeing this showing up a lot in the What are you drinking thread and am tempted to have a go at it myself, though as we are getting into the summer months I might try subbing the yeast with Kviek. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

23 L of a "use up the leftovers" pale ale. Malts are pilsner, maris otter, crystal. Oh and I had some flaked wheat so I threw that in. Bittering with chinook as first wort hops the flavour/aroma with chinook/citra whirlpool additions.

Didn't have time to do a full grain brew day but had a Coopers devils half ruby porter kit and done a mini mash with 1kg dark DME, 200g dark crystal, 50g chocolate malt and then intend to dry hop with fuggles

A stove-top seven(ish) litre batch of Dave Line's Webster's Yorkshire Bitter recipe, updated to replace some of the sugar with malt:

1200g Golden Promise
120g Wheat malt
70g Crystal malt
15g Chocolate malt
100g Brewing sugar

33g Fuggles at start of boil
5g Bramling Cross at flame out

MJ Liberty Bell yeast

OG is a touch low at 1.036, aiming for ABV 3.5%.

I'm just old enough to have drunk the Halifax-brewed original on draught in the Union Cross in the mid-1980s - will see if any memories of the taste are triggered!

Latest posts

Back