What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed for the first time in a while yesterday, another English IPA - it's what I seem to enjoy drinking most of late.
Hop choice was governed by what pellets I could pick up from my LHBS after work on friday.
Opted for Challenger to bitter, Worcester Goldings (new to me) for hopstand and dry hop.
Also had some EKG whole leaf which need using up which went in as a late boil addition.

Forgot to put chiller in with protafloc at 15mins so left fv in fridge set to 19c and left to chill overnight. Pitched Lalbrew Verdant IPA yeast this morning, OG a point over predicted at 1.056.

Challenger & Goldings English IPA
18L batch BIAB (no sparge)
24L total water

ABV 5.6%
OG 1.055
FG 1.012
EBC 19.1
IBU 51

4.5kg Maris Otter
300gm Cara malt
75gm Dark Crystal
25gm Extra dark Crystal

20gm Challenger 60min
50gm EKG 10min

40gm Worcester Goldings 80c hopstand 60 mins

60gm Worcester Goldings dry hop 3 days

I have 100g of WAI-ITI and 100g of WAIMEA, any suggestions of what to brew with them. I have not used either of them before
I have only used waimea a couple years ago, it's was very marmaldy. I used in an amber ale and was not very happy with it. It would probably go better in a Hazy I think?

Batemans Victory Clone,

3.8kg pale
150g medium crystal
40g choc
300g sugar

25g of Styrian Golding and Goldings @60

10g goldings @10 with protofloc

OG 1058 so I diluted with 1l to make it 1056, pitched cml 4.

A bitter

Attachments

• IMG_20221009_080707.jpg
    IMG_20221009_080707.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
Having to brew a beer including noticable amounts of at least three of the ingredients below, for a homebrew club 'Random Ingredients Challenge'. Brewing an American Wheat beer using all four.

Attachments

• DSC_0017-02.jpeg
    DSC_0017-02.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
I have only used waimea a couple years ago, it's was very marmaldy. I used in an amber ale and was not very happy with it. It would probably go better in a Hazy I think?
I might pair the wai-iti in a pale ale along with a small amount of cascade and Amarillo. I have an American amber planned using Columbus, cascade and Amarillo

Clib's Centennial Brown Ale is mashing away! :D

I've added some comments on the recipe thread.

I think I made that before I developed my revolutionary bag-prodding (tm) technique! :D It's on the list!

Latest posts

Back