What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wrapped up everything and enjoying a cold one. Well I say that, waiting for the wort to come down to pitching temp....

After years of No-Chill this feels strange and weird.

But I worked my self into a corner and gotta get it done.

Good luck to everyone that brewed this weekend!

I’ve already got my Vienna Lager fermenting for Christmas time, got some Lallemand Abbey as well so will do a. User upper Belgian blonde or amber.

I’m also planning to go completely crazy and do a Percy Pig Philly sour. I’ve done some research and they just dissolve when boiled so 3-4 bags in for the last 5mins seems like a goer. I’ll add a couple of bottles of the Percy smoothie in secondary as well.
View attachment 75766
Percy Pig Philly sour 😵😵😵
You must post up pics when you brew it. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have the lurid pink colour!

Percy Pig Philly sour 😵😵😵
You must post up pics when you brew it. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have the lurid pink colour!
I’m aiming for it to be pink. I don’t usually do crazy things like this but the more I read up on it the more it seemed like a good idea and since joining a Homebrew club I’ve been more prepared to push the boundaries a bit.

I brewed 23L of Jon Finches oatmill stout on Saturday ,to be put back and condition for christmas (Apart from sampling a couple for quality control purposes )

4.8kg base malt (i used Vienna )
480g medium crystal
480g crisp chocolate malt
525g rolled oatmill
72g goldings hops @ 60mins
i used one packet of Muntons superior gold yeast
Also i put three vanilla beans into the boil at the 50min mark
OG of 1060
Really looking forward to tasting this

22 litres of 5 Points Best Bitter
3800g MO
200g Crystal 40L
200g Biscuit malt
200g Torrefied wheat
Fuggles at 60, 15 and WP.
Gervin yeast
OG 1046 BHE 71%

Evening all :-)

Hands up: yesterday was my first day brewing since June... it just felt far too hot over the summer to be in there with 30 litres of boiling wort; and I'd got a pretty good stock laid in so I just kicked back and was a bit lazy. Also truth be told I'd had a few disappointing brews in a row for one reason or another, and I'd lost my MoJo a bit.

That said yesterday went really well: 23L of the Greg Hughes London Bitter, but with about 20% of the MO replaced with Munich I (thanks whoever suggested that, it's smelling very promising).
In an attempt to tame the over-bitterness I've getting, I got myself a hop spider.

Arachnophobes look away now...
68666688393__B6960592-3857-4937-A6DE-09BFD96E67C9.jpeg

Fingers crossed it's done the trick, because if it hasn't then I'll probably cry.

Anyhow, Beer's looking good and the Wyeast 1318 is already doing it's thing.

68667550449__DD6C9A35-4CBC-4589-9EB5-5AF65562C393.jpeg

Regards to all, TETB

Evening all :-)

Hands up: yesterday was my first day brewing since June... it just felt far too hot over the summer to be in there with 30 litres of boiling wort; and I'd got a pretty good stock laid in so I just kicked back and was a bit lazy. Also truth be told I'd had a few disappointing brews in a row for one reason or another, and I'd lost my MoJo a bit.

That said yesterday went really well: 23L of the Greg Hughes London Bitter, but with about 20% of the MO replaced with Munich I (thanks whoever suggested that, it's smelling very promising).
In an attempt to tame the over-bitterness I've getting, I got myself a hop spider.

Arachnophobes look away now...
View attachment 75947
Fingers crossed it's done the trick, because if it hasn't then I'll probably cry.

Anyhow, Beer's looking good and the Wyeast 1318 is already doing it's thing.

View attachment 75948
Regards to all, TETB
Don’t get despondent after a phase of dodgy brews, I think we all go through it from time to time (I do anyway). It’s a bit like biorhythms that are up and down with no explanation and no obvious reason 🤷‍♂️.

Push through, you’ll be on cloud 9 soon enough.

Split a 5L batch of approx 14% cider in to two demi's, it was still throwing the odd bubble after nearly 4 weeks.
•1st one I added 2L water with a jar of honey and 100g frozen ginger, pasteurised @75°.
•2nd one I added 2L water & 5 mulled spices t-bags boiled for 10mins, then 100g muscovado, lovely colour.
20221006_213913.jpg

Just using up a few bits for a couple of winter warmers, probably leave them still too.

Brewed 21 litres of Vienna Lager
4.75kg Vienna Malt
250g Carapils
200g of Caramunich
150g Melanoidin Light
100g Chocolate Malt

30g Sovereign @ 60 mins
15g Saaz @ 15 mins
15g Saaz @ 5 mins
30g Saaz - Whirlpool

Mash schedule:

50C 5 mins
63C 30 mins
70C 30 mins
75C 15 mins

M76 Bavarian Lager yeast.

Brewfather predicted 1.052 ended up at 1.059 😳

21 litres in the fermentor.

Last edited:
I was meant to be a Brewcon today but no joy thanks to the train strike. So mother in law still wanted kids for day so got a brew on and Kegged my Schwarzbier.
Schwarzbier finished at 1.010 for 4.5% so that will be a nice easy drinker
IMG_20221008_115443.jpg

Brewed a hoppy Belgian pale today.
Maris, Vienna, spelt and wheat. Hops are mittelfruh & Lemondrop. Yeast - Blend of T-58 & Kolsch strain- aiming for around 4.5%
IMG_20221008_142044.jpg
IMG_20221008_144251.jpg

Latest posts

Back