What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just taken the gravity reading on my Kölsch (big advantage with only brewing a gallon when you do no chill is it takes a lot less time to cool down than 23 Litre does), came in at 1.054 a little higher than the Recipe (1.049) mostly due to me underestimating the boil off but I’ve decided to leave as is rather than topping up to compensate.

Yeast is CML Kentucky Common which isn’t one I‘ve used before but hopefully will prove decent.

Did not brew 2d...but did bottle. 6L of cider fermented using US05 and 22L of German Pilsner. The pils was extremely clear going into the bottle so I'm hoping for some extreme clarity in the finished thing! Prost!

Some people may not want to write out a full brewday report but just say what they brewed.

So what did you brew today?

I made a 'bit's and bobs stout' to use up the odds and ends of grain I had
Well I haven't brewed today but I do have another 5 galls home-made cider on the go and 5 galls of red wine. The last beers I brewed were a hoppy IPA using cascade and fuggles (Called Darryl's IPA because that's the name of the chap I devised the recipe for) and also 10 galls of my dark IPA made using warrior hops.

This evening I am brewing a lovely single hop ale using the greg hughes recipe with amarillo. Splitting the base malt 50:50 pale malt / pilsner malt.

Hoping for an epic beer here....

Either an APA, an American amber/red or an American brown. The jury is out. We will know more in six weeks.

In the last month, cooked, fermented, & bottled an Oktoberfest. Yumm.
Apparently, my tradition has settled on making this around the new year, yet it never makes it to Oktober.
Think bout brewing an oktoberfest myself...care to share the recipe?

Think bout brewing an oktoberfest myself...care to share the recipe?
6 lbs Extra lite dry malt (US pounds)
.5 lb 80L Crystal Malt
1 lb Munich Malt
1 oz Tettnanger Hops (bitter)
1 oz Saaz Hops (flavor)
1 oz Saaz Hops (aroma)
Brewers yeast

For 5 US Gallons (result 48 bottles)
OG 1.058
FG 1.014
ABV ~5.6%

6 lbs Extra lite dry malt (US pounds)
.5 lb 80L Crystal Malt
1 lb Munich Malt
1 oz Tettnanger Hops (bitter)
1 oz Saaz Hops (flavor)
1 oz Saaz Hops (aroma)
Brewers yeast

For 5 US Gallons (result 48 bottles)
OG 1.058
FG 1.014
ABV ~5.6%
Many thanks....I'll give it a shot

Saturdays brew was a brew using 200g of home grown Fuggles and EKG in a pale ale recipe. It was a big higher OG that I thought but I think due to starting 1litre short in water and not compensating for the higher than usual hops quantity.
Fozzy’s Finest Home Pale rev1

Attachments

• f_MeZrFeGuTSVxQfKIc3IUbvdpIx13_Brewfather_Batch16_20230306.pdf
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
Interested in that, because I'm thinking of brewing a series of small-batch simple pale ales. Last week I did 2000 kg of pale malt, 50g of Caramunich. and First Gold hops to 42 IBU calculated. Which I thought might be a bit high. Today I've toned that down slightly, and gone with 70g of Caramunich and Centennial hops to 36 IBU. (Both aiming for a nominal 10 litre batch)

IMG_20230308_231855.jpg
Pleased with that. A bit more colour from the Caramunich, and nice and clear and pretty much on target with FG, around 1047.

Got my brew on last night. This time an American light lager, split batch into two fermenters one with w3470 starter harvested from a previous batch, currently bubbling away at room temp, the other with s23 which is to be fermented at 12 degrees.

Still trying to figure out my new set up so mash temp ran away from me a bit so ended up mashing higher than i wanted. Hopefully this won't impact the dryness too much in the finished beer.

User upper style brew this morning.....

1/2 can (750g) Wilko First Gold IPA (stored in fridge a few weeks)
500g granulated sugar
1/2 sachet CML Lille Saisen yeast
10g Target hops for dry hop (from day 3)
10L batch - OG: 1.048

Normal kit procedure: dissolve LME and sugar in 2L hot water, pour into fermenter, top up to 10 litres, check gravity (looks good), add yeast. Put in warm spot near radiator as saison yeast works well at higher temps.
Quite impressed with saison style beers, let's see how this turns out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back