What did you do today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a bit tiddly last night...believe it or not! During which I had musings over my not well dish washer...I almost decided to drag it out today and have it in bits and then kill it if I found out I didn't know what was up with it...which would be the likely outcome! I decided getting British Gas out on my Home care agreement is a better option...bloody thing! Don't you just hate washing dishes!
Next thoughts are...do I keg or bottle #4 Tribute clone?? Kegging is quicker and easier,plus I could force carb it and drink it sooner...but is that a good thing?
Next...I've had a quote for some powered WiFi cameras..which I think meets my needs,I know the chap as he's done work for me before. I could buy the stuff myself...I'd also have to get drill bits,extend some power points,junction box maybe,make a balls of it probably...for the sake of 100 and something quid,plus vat,for him to fit it all,properly..I'm just a tightarse!!
I might plant some seeds later then clack up a roast dinner...I must do the kegging as I want to brew tomorrow.
Wednesday is youngest son's hospital review and stitches out of his gums..bless him he's been so brave! Trouble is it's a 126 mile round trip..

I got a bit tiddly last night...believe it or not! During which I had musings over my not well dish washer...I almost decided to drag it out today and have it in bits and then kill it if I found out I didn't know what was up with it...which would be the likely outcome! I decided getting British Gas out on my Home care agreement is a better option...bloody thing! Don't you just hate washing dishes!
Next thoughts are...do I keg or bottle #4 Tribute clone?? Kegging is quicker and easier,plus I could force carb it and drink it sooner...but is that a good thing?
Next...I've had a quote for some powered WiFi cameras..which I think meets my needs,I know the chap as he's done work for me before. I could buy the stuff myself...I'd also have to get drill bits,extend some power points,junction box maybe,make a balls of it probably...for the sake of 100 and something quid,plus vat,for him to fit it all,properly..I'm just a tightarse!!
I might plant some seeds later then clack up a roast dinner...I must do the kegging as I want to brew tomorrow.
Wednesday is youngest son's hospital review and stitches out of his gums..bless him he's been so brave! Trouble is it's a 126 mile round trip..
@Clint you've certainly done a lot of WINGING today which I suppose is good that you got it of your chest.....:laugh8:

Well, I just kegged the Tribute,all went as planned...but..I've realised that I was going to send out some to some forum members...bugger! I'll have to try bottling a few off the keg when it's carbed. Talking of which,I injected a c02 cylinder into the keg instead of priming it but it seemed to vent a bit as there's not much head space...I'll wait til it chills down overnight and give it another go..

Well, I just kegged the Tribute,all went as planned...but..I've realised that I was going to send out some to some forum members...bugger! I'll have to try bottling a few off the keg when it's carbed. Talking of which,I injected a c02 cylinder into the keg instead of priming it but it seemed to vent a bit as there's not much head space...I'll wait til it chills down overnight and give it another go..
clapa

Today I dug out some ground to lay slabs as a base for my next hen coop and run, ordered slabs and sharp sand, ordered heating oil for the central heating and ordered some amber 500ml beer bottles to collect.

Yes, looking like a thorough job too @Gerryjo clapa
I'm beginning to feel afraid now that if I make too good of a job I might get kicked out to a shed and this may become a guest/bar room if I'm not careful.The missus helped out with a bit of brushing and tidying the other night and soon realised what effort has gone into it and said she didn't realise how much work was actually going into this build and I was only taping down the Kingspan insulation at that stage.She was impressed haha.

I'm beginning to feel afraid now that if I make too good of a job I might get kicked out to a shed and this may become a guest/bar room if I'm not careful.The missus helped out with a bit of brushing and tidying the other night and soon realised what effort has gone into it and said she didn't realise how much work was actually going into this build and I was only taping down the Kingspan insulation at that stage.She was impressed haha.

Wait until she see’s your cooling system, heating system, gas distribution system, banks of cornie kegs, and the row of beer taps and hand pumps along the new bar!! 😉

Well another bit forward as I'm tiling my mum's bathroom and back in nights tonight but last night and today saw the floor and walls fitted.A bit of sanding and PVA sealing to be done next week before I lay the wooden floor I reclaimed from the living room before Christmas.
PXL_20210319_183342976.MP.jpg
PXL_20210319_183408559.MP.jpg

Yesterday, I started off fully intent on adding two kegs, two taps and a nitrogen mix canister to my keezer set up however the weather was so nice I took the opportunity to replace the felt on the roof and get the paintbrush out instead. Today I might finish the painting the shed and actually fit those kegs and taps.

Also enjoyed a few stoaters from Fierce Beer x NZBC (Big Night In Part I & II) and Fierce BA Very Big Moose.

20210320_115255.jpg

20210320_123958.jpg

20210320_123929.jpg

20210320_184305.jpg

20210320_192223.jpg

20210320_191314.jpg

inCollage_20210321_092257519.jpg

Bottled a beer - a pale ale with Simcoe and Citra, racked the wheat beer brewed with raspberries and CML Krystallweisen yeast.
Watched rugby all afternoon Quins vs Bears then Wasps vs Sale, getting ****** on homebrew. Some how found time to do the meat sauce for a lasagne, in between. The women did the rest!

Set up the stuff for tomorrows brewday and then listened to 1970's stuff - Yes and Wishbone Ash on U-Tube and pretended to moderate on the HB Forum.
Corrected some guy's typo or something. Not arguing with anyone about their impractical, failed ideologies anymore.

Tried a new Jesus recipe and turned water into wine with a little bit of help from some grape juice :)

Latest posts

Back