What do you all think of The 100 Cricket ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likewise - I am a massive cricket lover. Probably been to over 100 test matches and always preferred the longer form of the game. I was initially scathing - in fact really put my foot in it chatting to the partner of one of my wife's friends at a party who after I had delivered my damning verdict revealed he was in charge of marketing the concept.

Anyway now its on really like the fact that there is a game on at the same time every night. Have got used to some of the patronising commentary and think actually its quite good how they have got all the media on board to the notion of introducing new people to the sport. Atmosphere seems great and my teenage boys (who are already cricket fans) really want to get to a game. Will go down as a success and next year with a few more overseas names will be even better. One downside is the fact that most of the big England names had to disappear after the first couple of matches.

I am not a cricket fan but I have listened to the last few overs (if they still call it that) of few of the games and they have been very close and I found myself drawn in, I like the fact the comontators explaine what is going on, I may watch a game if it takes off and see if I enjoy a full game.

I am not a cricket fan but I have listened to the last few overs (if they still call it that) of few of the games and they have been very close and I found myself drawn in, I like the fact the comontators explaine what is going on, I may watch a game if it takes off and see if I enjoy a full game.
I strongly recommend it Chippy - they are very exciting games and you don't have to invest hours and hours to get into it.

I strongly recommend it Chippy - they are very exciting games and you don't have to invest hours and hours to get into it.

I will give it a try, I don't mind watching a bit of golf occasially but like you just described it goes on way too long so if you are not a massive fan you tire of it, I can see 100 cricket taking off they were saying on 5 live lots of the younger generation have been joining clubs because if the 100 game, it can only be a good thing.

1628876867601.png

I much prefer "red ball" cricket.
I've tried to watch a couple of the 100 games, but really didn't like it - far too dumbed down for my liking.
I can fully understand why they're doing it, it's just not for me.
A good twenty 20 match is good enough for me - doesn't take too long, but with all the proper rules/terms etc.
(But, I am a dinosaur)!!!

Latest posts

Back