what to do for seconed AG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abb_306

Reaction score
As the title says what dose one brew for there second AG

There are some rules with this tho has to be on the light side easy to drink, no scrap that somthing the lady can drink!

keep her sweet and all the jazz any ideas :cheers:

stick to simple till you know your equipment so maris and east kent goldings is always good with a saf 05 yeast to let the hops do the talking. mash low (66) to reduce maltliness, dry hoppy beer serve chilled. play with recipe s upper left to get the abv you want go for lager late hopping to ge flavour.

Im also doing my 2nd planned for saturday so i've got planned a tribute to St Austell's Tribute

Here's a recipe for 25ltr.

3800g Pale Malt
950g Munich Malt
250g Torrified Wheat

90 mins Fuggle 16EBU
15 mins Willamette 7EBU
15 mins Bobek Whole 7EBU
0 mins 10g Willamette 6.7% AA
0 mins 15g Bobek 4.5% AA

90mins Mash @ 66c
90mins Boil
Protofloc in at 15mins

Extected OG 1045

Yeast Safale US-05
Fermentation Temperature 19c

Any ideas welcome before saturday... :cheers:

prolix said:
stick to simple till you know your equipment so maris and east kent goldings is always good with a saf 05 yeast to let the hops do the talking. mash low (66) to reduce maltliness, dry hoppy beer serve chilled. play with recipe s upper left to get the abv you want go for lager late hopping to ge flavour.

I 100% want to keep it as simple as i can :wha:

4kg Pale Malt
50g Goldings 90mins
20g Goldings last 15mins
20g Goldings after boil stopped
10g Golding dry hop if you want to other wise in with after stopped

I have often found that the ladies like a wheat beer and a very basic Hefe is a favourite of Mrs Dunfie. A popular recipe for a simple but refreshing beer is as follows.

50% pale malt
50% wheat malt

20 ibu of something like saaz or hallertauer hersbrucker

brewferm blanche or WB-06 yeast

Latest posts

Back