What's the crappiest place in the UK?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desi_Rable

Reaction score
Here's a topic for discussion- which place (could be a village, town, city or borough), of all the places you've ever visited yourself here in the UK, would you nominate as being the absolute worst? And why- how bad is it there, and what makes it so ****?

Bradford!!!
Just a pit of drugs and crime
It's certainly up there, top ten at least. But is it really the worst? Especially when you get down to the borough and district level, of bigger cities like London, Birmingham and Manchester...

Good curry in bradford though.

Parts of the central belt are pretty ****, although they at least have two decent cities to either side. Far north of Scotland around wick would be a bit grim to live imo

I will not go into it too much but there are some no go areas- remember the 2001 riots?

No, please go on. Everytime I hear about no go zones in the uk it is from a complete loon . Prove me wrong

Here is a SUN newspaper poll and lets face it their readership probably knows best -

dddd.jpg

No, please go on. Everytime I hear about no go zones in the uk it is from a complete loon . Prove me wrong
Depends on who you are and what community you belong to, but they definitely exist. Unless you'd see this, spray-painted along a street...
_100444895_mediaitem100444894.jpg

210501-Racist-graffiti-2.jpeg

And still decide that "oh yeah, it's totally safe to go down here, this isn't a 'no-go zone' at all". Second of those pics is from that "Far north of Scotland around Wick" area you nominated, BTW- taken less than a year ago...

Would you agree with all of those, though?

No as I have only been to a few places on the list.

I live in a small market town in the lake district i don't like big towns or cities they all seem grim to me.

You can get shitty racist graffiti almost anywhere sadly.

Most of the discourse Ive seen around "no go zones" in the UK tend to stem from weird right wing americans who see a typical take from the DM or express or sun etc saying whole areas of London have muslim patrols and all that nonsense.

The Sun "Newspaper" - now there's a reliable source of factual information

That's why i posted -

Here is a SUN newspaper poll and lets face it their readership probably knows best -

If you want to find the biggest shitholes in the country why not poll the people that live in them.

Latest posts

Back