Where can I buy specific quantities of hops?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRTurner1234

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm beginning to get tired of having left over hops filling up the fridge.

Who can suggest companies that sell specific quantities of hops (and grain ideally!).

Thanks,
JT

Maltmiller. Log in and create an AG recipe. You don't have to add any grain and you can buy hops by the gram.

This is a fact! I get so many leftovers that every now and again I just grab lucky dip handfuls and toss em in. Ain't had a bad un yet but a fair few corkers.
Yup, just did this on Monday night - no doubt it will turn out excellent and I wont be able to reproduce it as it's about half a dozen different hops and weights of them etc

You won't beat crossmyloof for hop prices,there's a thread on here dedicated to them

Just had a butchers at their FB page

At first I was like what those prices do not look that special.. but then I realised they included delivery..!!

I will be sure to check them out..

Makes me wonder do I do things wrong buying a couple of brews in a row.. just bulk buy grain and get hops to suit..

problem is .. always going to be that specialty grain you need and you dont wanna bulk buy that!

Jut to be a bit of an awkward bugger, if you're buying custom amounts of hops, there's a greater risk that they're not going to be stored as well as when you buy vacuum packed standard weights of hops. At least in theory when you buy 100g, it's been vacuum sealed since soon after it was processed, and only exposed to the air when you get it home.

I'm another fan of using up ingredients. Gives an opportunity to get creative, break away from recipe books and brew something truly unique

Yup, just did this on Monday night - no doubt it will turn out excellent and I wont be able to reproduce it as it's about half a dozen different hops and weights of them etc

The spirit of adventure! I'd soon get bored of the same beer no matter how good... apart from chez Gunge stout I never duplicate a brew!

Latest posts

Back