Wherry finished at 1.014!?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MightyStig

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted your opinion.

I brewed a wherry at 23L with an additional 500g of spraymalt OG 1.050. It's been sat at 18C for 14 days. When it was 1.014, I gave it a rouse and turned up to 19C for 3 days no change. Now turned up to 20C with another rouse.

Is this done? Thoughts opinions most welcome.

Cheers

Jim

I would say it's done but I would cold crash if possible for a few days due to the rousing (unless you like cloudy beer) or you could use finings to clear the beer.

It's probably done. You have an attenuation of 71% which is probably at the bottom end of what is achievable. I'd now leave it alone for a few days in cold place if you have one as @Banbeer suggested. The yeast will settle in bottle but I seem to remember Wherry yeast as not being very flocculant which means it takes its time to clear. But thats not a problem because it also takes longer to condition too.

It's probably done. You have an attenuation of 71% which is probably at the bottom end of what is achievable. I'd now leave it alone for a few days in cold place if you have one as @Banbeer suggested. The yeast will settle in bottle but I seem to remember Wherry yeast as not being very flocculant which means it takes its time to clear. But thats not a problem because it also takes longer to condition too.

Oops forgot to mention used safle-s04 not the kit yeast. Does that change anything? I can cold crash have fermentation fridge with inkbird :)

Latest posts

Back