Wherry... not sure if this is normal?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks for the quick response... I was lucky enough to have come across a couple of posts before starting the cleaning process so didn't use anything abrasive however by leaving the bubbles to dry they formed a really tough film to clean and left a small residue that I could wear smelt of beer so I soaked it in the wvp cleaner only for it to now to have a faint smell of chlorine... Guess I should run a few sinks of soapy water to try and get rid of the smell but like you say I need to make sure I used my five star San before doing my next brew. Interest to hear more about your experience with coopers blonde. I have one of their English bitter kits here ready to go but would like to do a leffe/hoegaarden type brew first, guess this is more of a wheat beer? Thinking a nice crisp fruity wheat type number chilled for those summer bbqs... Does this sound like the coopers Canadian blonde? If it is I'll be ordering tonight ;)

Have two more wherry kits stored away ready for when I get low however 40pints is quite a large quantity in this house. What do people do with all the huge quantities if beer that they brew????

The wheat beer kit ( coopers ) is exactly what you are looking for IMO. It is crystal clear unlike hogardern but tastes as good. I got mine from "the home brew shop" at £11.79 (I think) and got the muntons beer enchancer from them too. Just sterilised, rinsed, boiled some water threw in the beer enchancer poured in the can of wheat beer rinsed out the can with boiling water and added all to FV to about 2.5 ltrs, stirred ( got some weird shaped caramelised shapes) stirred some more, then topped up to 22ltrs, made sure temp about 20c ish, pitched yeast. Popped on top and waited about 8 days at 23c. Bottled With carb drops ( will use sugar next time as it make no major difference) waited about 3 weeks. Tastes awesome.
The instructions recommend something like 400g dextrose and 300g light spray malt. Couldn't be added measuring out so thought f@#% it and put in the whole 1 kg of beer enchancer.

The Canadian blonde tastes more like how I remember Coors gold tasting but maybe that's just my imagination.

As for any extra beers you have.... Store them as they get soooo much better with age.

Brewing is addictave . seriously. :cheers:

sorry, just read this again and missed the 'cooper wheat beer' suggestion first time, must have been late when I first looked at it... Sounds perfect, will get it now!

so after 2 weeks inside and 6 weeks out in the cold I cracked open my first ever bottle and here is the evidence, immediately badly poured but the head lasted until the end and I was quite amazed with the result. There was a really faint twang to it but only really really faint however another two weeks on and it's gone so I would say it benefits from a full 10 weeks conditioning. I've passed a few bottles out and ppl seems impressed, especially when you consider it's a standard can...

Anyway as others suggest it's probably about time I got another on the go ;)

thanks for all the help along the way...

IMG_2316.jpg

Latest posts

Back