Which Camlocks do I need.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runwell-Steve

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have decided it is time to get some Camlocks and do the job properly.

To keep things simple I plan to put the male part of the Camlock on all my hoses, and the female part on all the fittings.

My fittings I need to connect to are either 1/2 F x F Ball valves, or 15 mm compression fittings.

I plan to get my Camlocks from here as seems the Normal, and the stainles steel ones.

http://www.intricoproducts.com/catalogu ... roove.html

I know I need Part E to go on my hoses. I use Vossys silicon hose so I assume these will fit.

I assume I need Part B to attach to my female Ball valves, but which size thread

I assume I need Part D to attach to my 15mm compression fittings, but I am confused as to the size.

I am assuming I want 1/2 inch for everything as thats what my fittings are, roughly. The site suggest the thread is 1/2 inch though, which I would have thought is too small, or does it mean 1/2 inch BSP which would probably be right. confused :wha: :wha:

They are threaded 1/2" BSP so for both the 1/2" Female BV's you need 1/2" Male threads, and for the 15mm males you need 1/2" Female . . . Schimples ;)

yeah, go for it Steve, I went ali. and wished I had gone ss, about twice the price but quite probably worth the extra, on this occasion ;)

S

If you can afford it, it is worth get a few extra for future needs as the postage is criminal!

Good point about getting some spares, now I have to think about how many I may need.

Whats on the shopping list still.

Plate chiller
Solar pump

Think thats it so far, thats not bad, only another 4 of each, OK 6 so I can have them everywhere on the plate chiller.

Oops, thats 25 new shiny bits I need.

Before you rush to pay shipping charges, check out if you have any farming agricultual suppliers in your area. I live in Cumbria and my local supplier has a veritable aladins cave of hard to get stuff. Worth checking out.

Vossy1 said:
I had to go back to Calvin 4 times :shock: ...luckily I could arrange to be 'in the area' for pick up :cool:
It's a good ride out for me :thumb:

Back