Which Coopers stout kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewed_Force

Reaction score
I am considering doing this Coopers tweak to the Irish stout kit:
English Stout
Unfortunately my LHBS is out of stock of this kit. However they do have the Coopers ordinary stout.
Would there be much difference between the 2 types or would I be better looking further afield to find the Irish stout?

I tweak the Range Irish stout kit. It come with 2.2 kilograms of LMS. it’s the only kit I still make as I’m a all grain brewer nowadays.

I tweak the Range Irish stout kit. It come with 2.2 kilograms of LMS. it’s the only kit I still make as I’m a all grain brewer nowadays.
Someone gave an Irish stout kit from the range for Christmas, just wanted to know how you tweak your kit as I would be very interested in trying myself. Like yourself I do mostly all grain and part mash nowadays but am guessing that if you still use this kit it must be a good one. Cheers

Various ways to tweak. My go to one
Is 18 litres as follows
1 range kits
500g Dextrose
400g Brown sugar
Variations are
1. replace the brown sugar with Treacle
2. Add 200g cocoa nibs after primary fermentation.
3. Add 200g Lactose to primary.
4. Do both 2 & 3.
5. Add oak chips soaked in rum

Someone gave an Irish stout kit from the range for Christmas, just wanted to know how you tweak your kit as I would be very interested in trying myself. Like yourself I do mostly all grain and part mash nowadays but am guessing that if you still use this kit it must be a good one. Cheers
I've only done the St Peters Cream Stout, but I added a litre of freshly brewed expresso (I made it in a cafetiere) and used brown sugar in place of white. The result was superb - it's a very good stout kit anyway, but with a hint of coffee, it's superb! I'm sure the results with a Range stout would be much the same (as long as you like coffee!).

Latest posts

Back